induction storys wanted please good and bad

specialbump

Reaction score
hi ladies my39 week scan is on tuesday baby was expected to be 9lbs and he has droped under the centile and mesures 6.5lb
on last scan and they are only a estimate so they guna scan and induce with my health problems if hes not grown much. my bump hasnt grown in a month when i have been mesured and mw things theres a strong posability they will set me off

my worries are my friend recently had this done she had a terrible time pessary didnt work and because she wasnt in actuve labour they sent her birth partner home because she was high dependancy i dont want to be left alone without my o.h labour or not as i dont want it to suddenly happen and hes at home.but then he said somthing posative he said would u rather me there or it all be over im 15minutes and be by ur self.i can see what hes saying bless him it takes a good 25 minutes to the hospital from home and if its night time our son will be at home and he will have 2 wait for a baby sitter 2 get there when he gets my call then get to me i dont want it to all be over :(

my friend had 2 pessarys then somthing else to get her going then needed assisted delivery too with forceps my biggest worry was a tear as i got bad infection after my first baby that put me off having more now 9 years on im in this situation again :( past my self

Last edited:
No story for you but wanted to say try not to worry. There are lots of inductions that go well. They'll keep a close eye on you. Make it clear you want OH to stay as much as possible. Anxiety won't help hun, try some deep breathing and relaxation techniques this week. You need to try and stay positive. I know it's hard but you can do it hun. Fx it all goes really smoothly for you xxx

No story for you but wanted to say try not to worry. There are lots of inductions that go well. They'll keep a close eye on you. Make it clear you want OH to stay as much as possible. Anxiety won't help hun, try some deep breathing and relaxation techniques this week. You need to try and stay positive. I know it's hard but you can do it hun. Fx it all goes really smoothly for you xxx

thanks just daunting i dont want o.h to leave me with my anti body in my blood i need a difrent x match of transfusion and need clotting injections ald other medical problems i really dont want to do this without him with me im just past my self there is rick the baby can have the same anti body and will need to be took away for a transfusion from birth :( just in a tizzy i think with my self
X

You'll be in the right place though hun, and although having extra risks is scary they know about these things so will be prepared. Maybe speak to mw/consultant about the importantance of OH being there xxx

I've had 2 inductions and they both went well. 11 hours labour for my first son who was overdue. Had pessary then the syncotin drip and epidural and had 10lb boy - no forceps and just bit of grazing.

2nd son was induced a day earlier because of my health issues and was 8lb 2. Waters were broke, gas and air and 90 mins from start to finish, no forceps etc and home 4 hours later.

I would love to experience going into labour myself at home with this pregnancy but have no fears about induction if I needed that again xxx

I was induced with my lo at 38 wks they inserted pessary at 11 I was having contractions by 11.40 an I gave birth at 8 that evening had no problems at all

No story or advice but big hugs. Even if they induce u you can be active a bit you can't with drip but with pessary gel they Give it then after they have given u sufficient time ask to walk around a bit or bounce on a ball u can also do things like try diff positions once u are in established labour some women only need waters breaking to start them off then u can be as mobile as u like. X

8 days to go till due date

wonder how the scan will go 2 mora and if they will induce :/ well nervous x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back