Induction of labour

Emmacharlotte

Reaction score
Hello!
I am due to be induced in Thursday at 37+1 twin pregnancy.

Can anyone share their induction knowledge or stories?
The consultant briefly ran through it with me however I was in such a state of excitement And anxiety I have retained about 5% of all information.

I remember she said they would start with the pessary but I cant remember much after that. I think she said id be on continuous monitoring but I could also bounce on the ball. Which seems like conflicting information as I cant keep the ctg belts on at the best of time lying still.

Thank you :)

Hi. I was induced at 41+5 with my LO. I had the pessary put in at 10am and was told that if it didn't start things off within 24hrs I would then be put on a drip. My hospital then sent me home to 'see how things go' and within 3 hours my contractions had started! From there I would imagine it was the same as a normal birth.

When I went back to the hospital in labour though, they didn't have any delivery rooms immediately available so I was put into a room with 3 other ladies who were being induced via drip. I was surprised to find that normal hospital visiting hours were being applied to these ladies despite the induction, and come 8pm their OH's were sent home.

Being linked up to the monitor isn't particularly restrictive, I found I could still move about and change positions easily enough and my OH was there to move the monitor wires if they were in the way!

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back