***Induction Labour Thread for Hunnie UPDATED Baby's Here! **

ButterflyBoo_x

Reaction score
Hi All! Hunnie has gone in to be induced today! Good luck hun, will update first post with Any text's, and if she updates the thread! Heres to a short uncomplicated Labour FX'd!! x

Thursday 12th
12:43 - Heloo, they've just got me hooked upto a machine at the minute and I've got to be monitored for the next half an hour and then they're doing an examination to decide what they are doing next :) xxx

13:58 - Been examined me and I'm 1cm dilated and cervix is soft so they've inserted pessary and I'm back on the monitor for another half an hour. Gonna go for a mooch around after that in search of some decent food! xx

18:42 - They put the pessary in at about half 1 and we went for a walk around and stuff seems to have started. Getting contractions every now and again but I'm useless and keep forgetting to time them lol.

20:26 - Contractions seem to have stopped and just getting like lower belly pains that just feel like horrendous period pains? No idea what's happening really as I haven't been seen since they put the pessary in . OH has to go at half past I think so I think I'm gonna go for a quick walk with him in a min and then ask for a ball to bounce on. I really want it to all get a move on now!!

21:28 - They've hooked me back up for a bit to monitor the contractions and then hopefully a ball is coming my way. God they hurt!!!!!!! :'(

22:59- Well they've tried to examine me but I am absolutely awful with internal examinations and couldn't relax at all for her however I've had my first hit with gas and air and it's marvellous stuff!!! I've already put a canister of it on my Christmas list for next year!

Hooked me back up on the monitor again after failed attempt at examination because she wasn't happy with baby's lack of movements but she's woken up now so I'm back off the monitor. Had some painkillers but tbh they haven't even touched the side.

Contracting regularly and the only place i can get comfy is on hands and knees on the bed with my bum in the air. I really thought I'd cope better than this with the pain but it's just not happening .

23:22 - On the diamorphine to try and relax me so they can have a better look. And I've ended up with my own room!! Really fighting to try and stay awake so she can examine me and find out how far on I am.

I feel such a wimp and like I've let myself down for going down the drugs route so early on. I can't stop saying thank you and sorry to them all for putting up with me as I feel such a nuisance. The only thing I feel alright about is that I'm not screaming the place down (yet) lol.

Also in my own room now as well! Didn't mean to be, I just suggested going in one temporarily while we tried a second examination so that my panicking didnt upset the other women but ive ended up here for the night.

Friday 13th
8:21 - Managed to sleep through till 6 and then MW woke me up for breakfast at half 7 which was absolutely crap .

They couldn't examine me very well still even with the diamorphine and she said the pessary wasn't as far up as it should be. She also said something about my cervix being posterior and it will hurt too much for her to push the pessary closer to it, which I agreed with because even with trying my best to not tense, I was in absolute agony!

Being hooked up to the monitor again in a bit and then being re examined again. Still trying to convince them to just bash me over the head while they do it but I don't seem to be getting anywhere

24 hours is up at around half 1.

I'm still absolutely knackered! Think I'm gonna go back to sleep till Ted gets here with my can of coke.

10.39 - Taken the pessary out and sent me upto the birth centre. Hooked up to the monitor atm and contracting well so hopefully they won't need to put me on the drip after they've broken my waters.

19:07 - Brief text cause i'm knackered. Emergency C section, born at 14:43 weighin 9lb 3 1/2. Taken to breastfeeding really well and currently asleep on me :) xx

Well Done Abi!!!! xxx

Last edited:
Hope you're ok and cervix favourable. X

Been examined me and I'm 1cm dilated and cervix is soft so they've inserted pessary and I'm back on the monitor for another half an hour. Gonna go for a mooch around after that in search of some decent food! :) xx

Sounds good! Good luck and fingers crossed x

The best of luck hun, hope it's quick xxxxxxxx

Got a text at 18:42 - They put the pessary in at about half 1 and we went for a walk around and stuff seems to have started. Getting contractions every now and again but I'm useless and keep forgetting to time them lol. xxx

Last edited:
Sounds good. Good luck hunnie. X

Contractions seem to have stopped and just getting like lower belly pains that just feel like horrendous period pains? No idea what's happening really as I haven't been seen since they put the pessary in :(. OH has to go at half past I think :( so I think I'm gonna go for a quick walk with him in a min and then ask for a ball to bounce on. I really want it to all get a move on now!!

Good luck Hun, hope the bouncing kicks start those contractions again xx

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back