Induction experiences??

Elliellie

Reaction score
I'm going in for induction tomorrow eve & I'm feeling very nervous now. All induction stories & reassurance welcome!

Hi Ellie, well im due to be induced next Thursday so cant offer much advice but wanted to wish you luck and hope all goes well and look forward to reading your story after XXX

I was induced with my first at 11 days..my waters were no where near being able to be broken..i was given a persary to get it started..left for about 9ish hours and still nothing..next morning given another left again still nothing..given another and still nothing..so after 2 days they gave me the pitocin drip and i dialated to 1cm in 7 hours on the drip and baby wasn't liking it so ended up having an emergency section..apart from it being long it wasn't bad..what i will say is tho no matter what everyone's stories are everyone is different and will have different expierences..just try to enjoy the expierence as best as you can..and goodluck..looking forward to seeing your birth story and pics of your wee one :) xx

I'm going in on Sunday for induction!I was examined today and am 1cm so willl probably be given some gel and see what happens after a few hours.I have got to about 2cm then they will break my waters.

Been induced twice before with my first two kids.Didn't need any gel...just had my waters broken then the drip to speed up the contractions,I found it ok but then I had an epidral each time!Gonna try without it this time.Good luck and don't worry!:)

Ive been iinduced twice!!

The first time..was with the drip as my waters had gone 24 hrs before...I gotta admit the contractions were pretty full on from the start!! Not a bad experience though.. 9 hr labour

The second..I was bouncing on my ball ALL night the before and I swear it helped as when I went in to have the first pessary I was already 2cm dilated (38 weeks!) the contractions started after about 15 mins lol and then they gradually built up, was in labour for only 2h49 mins :)

My advice is just try not to worry, just keep focusing on the baby and you'll be fine :)

Best of luck and look forward to seeing your announcement :) xx

I was induced this time coz all my waters had gone, I loved the experience this time as I had an epi! The pains were too strong to start with as I had no waters to cushion them.. I'm sure you'll be fine babe I'm actually a bit envious!! Love the birth experience!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back