induction day...... hmmmm...

ceris

Reaction score
i have really mixed feelings about today...

bit gutted i have to be induced.. really wanted her to come of her own accord,
very excited that i will be leaving the hospital with my baby girl though!

have got it into my head that we will be there until thursday, otherwise i will just get pissed off when i cant go home tonight...!

I have kids in panto this morning and this evening, so going there first to see them, and then on to the hospital....

will try and update as i can, and will text MrsMc if anything exciting happens!!

xxx

Good luck hun xxx

I was curious about this as I dont want to be induced should I go over , Do you have to let them or can you refuse?

HUGSY.......
after 42 weeks the plancenta starts to deteriorate and stops working as efficiently as it should, so they strongly advise induction in the 42nd week. It is not compulsory though. I did lots of research on it because i didnt want one! The chances of still birth and problems increase if baby is left after 42 weeks because of their size getting bigger each week, so i am doing as i am told today.
it is a hormone pessary, then if that does not kick it off, another one 6 hours later, then if that doesnt work the drip with more hormones. If that does not work they look at c section as they dont want to overdose baby with hormones.
Apparently they give the hormones to relax and soften the cervix enough to break your waters, and from then on it happens!
I looked at it for me and peanut, and the risks of waiting out weighed the risk of induction.

However, i am told that induction can make contractions more painful, but i have not really had any bad ones yet... so not sure what to think about that!

Aeeee good luck hon, hope it all goes smoothly for you xxxxx

HUGSY.......
after 42 weeks the plancenta starts to deteriorate and stops working as efficiently as it should, so they strongly advise induction in the 42nd week. It is not compulsory though. I did lots of research on it because i didnt want one! The chances of still birth and problems increase if baby is left after 42 weeks because of their size getting bigger each week, so i am doing as i am told today.
it is a hormone pessary, then if that does not kick it off, another one 6 hours later, then if that doesnt work the drip with more hormones. If that does not work they look at c section as they dont want to overdose baby with hormones.
Apparently they give the hormones to relax and soften the cervix enough to break your waters, and from then on it happens!
I looked at it for me and peanut, and the risks of waiting out weighed the risk of induction.

However, i am told that induction can make contractions more painful, but i have not really had any bad ones yet... so not sure what to think about that!

Oh wow did not know that, Guess il be letting them do it should I need one too

Hope all goes well for you hun xxx

Good luck hun.. I will be exactly the same tomorow morning .... It is exciting tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back