Induce!!!

SharnX

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 15 days over my due date and this is my first time being pregnant, I've had 2 sweeps and my midwife has said she can induce me on Sunday 31st. I'm getting really stressed mow and just want my son here now is there any tips people can give me to help induce naturally? Other than: curries,acupuncture,raspberry leaf tea and bump drive already tried them all

I went 13 days over, he was born on 14th day, so I feel your pain.

I didnt think you could go beyong the 14days from your edd as I was kinda squeezed in.. But could be diff boards or something.

Anyway good luck, take it as a compliment that your a good hostess.

xxxx

Hi, yeah your not really ment to go over 14days but Sunday seems to be the nearest slot they have 😐 but yeah I guess so! I just really want him here now xxx

I feel like that's a long time to go over , I was told no longer than 14 days . Really hope he comes soon x

Yeah I thought that myself like I'll be 16 days over tomorrow, I've got an appointment tomorrow bits that's just to monitor baby's heart beat. I actually thought at least one of the two sweeps I've had would work but nope �� xx

That sounds way too long to wait. I was induced at 14 days over and baby born at 16 days over. How overdue will you be by Sunday?

Hi, it's such a long wait!! I'm getting so stressed and tired of waiting!! I'll be 19 days overdue on Sunday xx

You can go as long as you want.
Induction is offered at 42 weeks but it's not compulsory.

Anyway, fresh pineapple is one to try (tinned or processed etc won't work, it's got to be fresh), walks/exercise, sex (lol).
If you know anyone who's recently had a baby that can help too supposedly (seeing them, smelling & holding the baby etc, it's supposed to kick things off lol)

Good luck... hope baby decides to make an appearance on its own before Sunday :)

Hi, thank you for the tips! I've literally tried everything I guess I'm just having a stubborn little boy, the only one I haven't tried is being round someone else's baby! I hope he comes before Sunday as well �� so tired of waiting now

I thought Id put the slightly more out there evacuation meathod. Ingesting semen is also good. The prostaglandins are absorbed much quicker through the stomach. :rofl:

xxx

I still think it is too long, but then i'm sure they'd induce you now if they were worried.

I'm convinced my son should have been out earlier, he was very very small considering he was 16 days over due when born. He was okay in the end just very very small, but I was monitored closely during next pregnancy (obviously, in hindsight they weren't too happy with his size at birth).

It's just annoying having to wait really, just getting so stressed I literally cry at anything and everything just seems to be getting to me! I really hope he comes before Sunday.. Tonight would be great! ��

Keep us updated !! I'm rooting for you ! Come on baby boy xx

I will do, got a call thisorming saying they've brought it a day forward to be induced so it will now be Saturday. Just hope he comes before hand though xx

My little girl was born this week after being induced, she ended up being born at exactly 42 weeks in the end! I was worried about being induced, but honestly, it's nothing to worry about!

42 weeks is a fairly arbitrary number that the NHS makes based on average statistics..... in France I believe they induce at 43 weeks for eg.... but that doesn't take into account any women's actual natural gestation period.... so as long as they have done some monitoring to check everything is ok with your baby then there is no panic with regards to it being too long overdue.

Have you tried any deep relaxation? I swear that's what kicked my labour off. I spent 2 days laying on the sofa listening to relaxation & natal hypnotherapy sessions on YouTube & then played them to fall asleep at night. Part of them involves mentally telling your baby you are ready for them to start the labour (your baby triggers labour by releasing a chemical) and so if you are stressed out & anxious (which is totally understandable if you are very overdue) then it could in theory inhibit that process as your fight/flight hormones will be dominant instead.

Last edited:
Aw congratulations! 😊 I'm nearly 17 days over due and still nothing really want him here but all I can do is wait till Saturday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back