Indegestion..

julia29scotland

Reaction score
I have the worlds worst indegestion all day and night, it has been bad all pregnancy, but now its just uncontrollable. The doctor gave me Gaviscone advance and I have been taking it all pregnancy, but it just doesnt stop it anymore. I have also started drinking some milk as someone said it was good for it, but its still here. Anyone got any suggestions of foods or drinks that might help? thanks julia x

Sorry wont be much help as I have only experienced heartburn. Milk and Gaviscone do the trick for me.

Try to avoid acidic things which you probably already know. My friend didn't bless her! She drank coke :rotfl:

I've heard that Melon helps heartburn. I'm suffering too so I know how you feel :(

Full of hope! said:
I've heard that Melon helps heartburn. I'm suffering too so I know how you feel :(

Yes although this is a lie..

:rotfl:

Drinking water and Almax (spanish equivilent to gaviscon and its actually much better ) seems to be the only thing that help me...

I have heart burn ALL THE TIME now.... :cry: Even makes me throw up...

i read in my natural remedy book that peppers help? ive not tried, but if u got some in try it...

i suffer bad too and gaviscon dont seem to do any thing any more, so dr gave me peptac? and i can drink as much as i want and its really cooling and seems to do the trick :D

Peppermints, but make sure they contain pure peppermint oil :)

in nursing we was told to avoid having peppermint

Peppermint oil also relaxes the sphincter that keeps the contents of the stomach from backing up into your esophagus. That’s why people troubled by heartburn (gastroesophageal reflux) are advised to avoid peppermint. It’s also the reason peppermint oil is often sold these days in enteric-coated capsules designed to bypass the stomach and dissolve in the small intestine.

paradysso said:
i read in my natural remedy book that peppers help? ive not tried, but if u got some in try it...

Maybe there is something in that. I ate lots of peppers in a restaurant last night and had no problem when I went to bed! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back