Incredibly tearful

FirstBabyEek

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I think I must be having a surge of hormones, but I feel incredibly tearful this week :cry: its getting slightly embarrassing. I'm struggling to keep myself together at work. I have to keep nipping to the loo or pretending to do some washing up as I dont want to go back to my desk red faced. They all know I am expecting, but my boss isnt sympathetic.

I know I'm being ridiculous, I've not nothing to be upset about, quite the opposite.

I watched Mock the Week on iplayer at lunchtime which helped take my mind off it. Other than giving myself a talking to, is there anything I can do in terms of diet/exercise to lift my mood or is it a case of waiting for it to pass?

Thank you in advance xx

I've felt the same myself - for example, my hubby came home from the supermarket last night and forgot apples. I cried! I think a lot of it is to do with hormones, I'm just going with the flow at the moment - but distraction helps, I tend to wrap up and go for a walk - it seems to blow away the cobwebs

I felt the same around the same time, cried for nothing!!

I don;t get as tearful now it takes a lot or a real shock to get me going!!

Chocolate is meant to raise endorphins(happy hormones) unless your feeling sick too then maybe not a good idea :)

otherwise try watching babies laughing on youtube that always makes me laugh lol!!

They are both fantastic ideas, thank you. I hadnt even thought of chocolate!! Silly me, chocolate is usually the best answer to most things :D

xxx

Omg chocolate, why didn't I think of that - if ever there is a time to eat chocolate and not feel guilty! I have a bar of Cadbury caramel in the fridge, I'm going to find it now!

Well I woke up one morning last week and just burst into tears! No reason at all but felt like my heart had been broken sob sob! This week I'm little Miss Attitude and slightly short of temper haha! Poor OH! I know I'm being like it and have no reason to be. All part of the experience but I do eat lots of chocolate and I love me time in the bath talking to baby :) xx

i have been like this too. i felt really upset at the slightest thing and cried all the time. its horrible because when youa re going through it, it feels like everything is 'real' ie. you OH is really horrible for not wanting to go to the shop with you and you want a divorce (thats what i was like) but it will pass honestly. i kept a kind of diary when i felt positive about all the things that we good and reading it when i felt down helped me keep things in perspective. the only other advice i would give is that if you need to cry then just cry and do not feel bad about it! majority of women go through this and its perfectly normal. xx

Just try not to let it bother you. I haven't suffered too much so far but I woke up tearful one day this week and was teary a bit last week too

Think sometimes thinks just over whelm us without us realising. Just think of your little bubba and that'll surely make you smiley again!! Xx

I was the same, im quite hit and miss at the moment aswell, mine was over xmas period when i was around 17 weeks, i stayed at my mums and came home and cried as soon as i left and for about 2 hours when i got in.... Hormones eh x

Sitting on my bed crying thinking what on earth is wrong with me,tired,hormonal???? So I thought I would just have a quick look on the forum to see if I am going slightly mad. It actually put a little smile on my face to find that I am not the only one. Think I will go and wash my face and have a cup if tea.
Thanks xx

It seems to be quite normal, I started crying earlier as my oh said he wasn't going to be home tomorrow evening as he is out at a gig, which I did know about just couldn't stop the feeling of being upset about it. Xx

So glad I'm not the only one. The weirdest tv programmes do it to me. Was watching The Biggest Loser on Tuesday night and just started. Can't even work out what triggered the tears. Thankfully DH was at work so didn't have to try and explain to him. Though he is very understanding about the hormones and keeps saying we're in this together :)

Thank you everyone for your replies, its a comfort to know that its normal. I love the idea of keeping a note of all the positive things to read back when I'm tearful. I think its the fact that it comes out of nowhere and I have no control over it makes me feel more unsettled.

I'm going to stock up on chocolate bars! nom nom nom :D

xx

So glad I'm not the only one. The weirdest tv programmes do it to me. Was watching The Biggest Loser on Tuesday night and just started. Can't even work out what triggered the tears. Thankfully DH was at work so didn't have to try and explain to him. Though he is very understanding about the hormones and keeps saying we're in this together :)

Lo i was watching the tv awards last night and felt myself welling up, i was like seriously xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back