Increasing Milk Supply

Lola's Mummy

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me, My boobs just stopped feeling hard all the time and it was because my milk had settled down.

Lola still cluster feeds on a night and seems to get a bit upset like there is no milk left but if i squeeze my nipple milk squirts out. I think it's just because she's tired and can't be bothered to get the hind milk out, She's just like her dad *lazy*

If you think you haven't got enough milk for her i think there is some sort of pill you can take from holland and barrett. I think it's called Fenugreek

H midna,

Its totally normal that your boobs won't feel hard anymore - this confused me too but its just your supply settling down. It definitely doesn't mean you have no milk. Mine never feel hard, still squishy, but sore now if overfull - and I have plenty of milk.

To get your supply up, I would look into something like Mother's Milk Tea or Fenugreek (available from Holland & Barratt instore or online) and also crucically ensure you are getting enough sleep, to drink (lots of water) and eating plenty including lots of fruit and veg (wish I could take this advice too!).

Keep going midna, you're doing a fab job!

Valentine Xxx

Just wanted to pass on these midna :hug: :hug: :hug:
I only partially BF Isaac but my boobs were never hard :lol:

Sorry you got your period, that does suck big time :hug: :hug: :hug:

might try this feugreek stuff.. eds cluster fed all night..fed from 8-11 solid, then woke at 1 for another then at 4 then at 6.20 then at 8.15 pfft 1st night ive had crappy sleep :(.. hes crying at the breast... getting really frustrated. then i gotta latch him bk on again.. sooo frustrating..if i pump between feeds will this increase my suppy also??

Make sure that you're plenty hydrated, eating and resting enough! 8)

I thought I was lacking milk in the evening because I was feeding ds so much and he didn't really seem satisfied. It turned out that I had plenty of milk (although my boobs were really soft), and he just wanted to cluster feed. It works well for us because he sleeps from 11pm to when I wake him at 7.15. Try squeezing your nipple near the end of a feed to see how much milk you have.

I was sad to see my periods again, but they are shorter and lighter than normal. Some of us are just unlucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back