In the spare room again!

Dotty_woman

Reaction score
I know I've spent another few hours asleep on the sofa tonight but it has been a bit of a testing day. My 17 year old cat had to go to the vets this morning as he was sounding pretty stressed and trying to vomit. £325 later he's fortunately back home and on the mend. Now trying to get to sleep and my DH is emitting all manner of strange snoring/breathing noises and then gets a monk on when I give him a nudge. Well I'm not doing this all night! Off to the spare room in a vain attempt to get some sleep. Could have done without knocking that electronic dinosaur that just let out a massive roar though. Frightened me half to death. Rant over.

I know I've spent another few hours asleep on the sofa tonight but it has been a bit of a testing day. My 17 year old cat had to go to the vets this morning as he was sounding pretty stressed and trying to vomit. £325 later he's fortunately back home and on the mend. Now trying to get to sleep and my DH is emitting all manner of strange snoring/breathing noises and then gets a monk on when I give him a nudge. Well I'm not doing this all night! Off to the spare room in a vain attempt to get some sleep. Could have done without knocking that electronic dinosaur that just let out a massive roar though. Frightened me half to death. Rant over.

Did you get better sleep in there dotty?

Thanks for replying hun. Don't seem to get much feedback from anyone else apart from you and Pip anymore on here. I got a bit of sleep thanks but it's just a sofa bed so not mega comfy. Was in there again last night too. Fell asleep watching a film on the sofa after tea and woke up at 11.00pm. OH decided to go to bed at about 11.45pm and I followed shortly after. He was already snoring again so went straight in spare room at midnight. Was still awake at 02.30. Just woke up at 07.20. Hope this doesn't happen every night.

Your so lucky u have a spare room with a bed! :( ours is all empty for the nursery and you cannot get a good kip on the sofa

I feel your pain though dean makes all kinds of noises the gets so mardy when I nudge him. I say dean I can't sleep and he says well you should try getting some it's great.
Not a happy bunny this morning!!!
Really hope u managed to get some
Sleep last night xxx

Dean snores, and he also sleeps like the dead! i can nudge away and it doesn't make any difference whatsoever! pinching his nose does the trick.
I got so fed up with not being able to sleep one night because of his snoring and refusal to budge, i said f**k it. I gave in, got up an painted his toenails. :)

I don't nudge I shake him!!! I don't mind minimal snoring, but not enough to stop me sleeping lol.x

I am lucky but it will only be the spare room until bubba arrives, Jodie. It will be the sofa then! Liking the toe nails thing Pippa. Chris does respond when I push him but just starts back up again a couple of minutes later. It's not particularly loud but just relentless. Just need to get to sleep before him which is the challenge! xxx

Dean snores, and he also sleeps like the dead! i can nudge away and it doesn't make any difference whatsoever! pinching his nose does the trick.
I got so fed up with not being able to sleep one night because of his snoring and refusal to budge, i said f**k it. I gave in, got up an painted his toenails. :)

You say the funniest things! Defo gonna give that one a try!!!

Dotty true u have 5 months to enjoy peace
Of spare room then you would rather Oh snore than be constantly woken up for feeding times! X

Pillow over the face usually does the trick for me. Haha x

I sent my OH to the docs, as I swore there was something wrong with him. Before my pregnancy I slept like the dead, but that all changed. I got some silicone ears plugs from Boots, and they are great! You should def give them a go x

I would do that Leann but worried I won't hear my alarm in the morning if I do that. I did have a go but could still hear even with them in! xxx

I kind do have that issue, but I eventually hear it. I see it as a bit of a plus ;)

Bioears are the better ones, as they are smaller so fit in better xx

My oh often gets an elbow nudge if he's snoring really bad, my body is waking me up enough at the minute without him contributing :) x

i end up sleeping on the couch most nights now, DH has always snored and he gets really cranky if hes woken in the night, he told me to piss off the other night :(
its only an issue during preg really as when im not preg i seem to sleep thru his snoring mostly, but when im preg every bloody noise wakes me and winds me up!

Fortunately the snoring doesn't normally wake me up. It's normally a loo stop that does this. It's getting to sleep after this or when I go to bed that's the problem. xxx

I had that. Once I woke for the loo, it would take 1-2 hrs to get back to sleep. Try counting one two, one two. You brain doesn't have to think about it, and it relaxes you x

Lmao! That is brilliant!

Fortunately the snoring doesn't normally wake me up. It's normally a loo stop that does this. It's getting to sleep after this or when I go to bed that's the problem. xxx

This is me too Dotty! So annoying

i end up sleeping on the couch most nights now, DH has always snored and he gets really cranky if hes woken in the night, he told me to piss off the other night :(
its only an issue during preg really as when im not preg i seem to sleep thru his snoring mostly, but when im preg every bloody noise wakes me and winds me up!

We should be making them sleep on the couch!! ;) xxx

ah my couch is quite new and fairly comfy, if only i was shorter i might even prefer it to bed haha. im just being mean to him now til he apologises and not giving him any affection or real attention. no point having a massive row about it ive got bigger fish to fry haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back