In The Mind

mollythemama

Reaction score
Anyone watched it on BBC iplayer?

It's about mums who are suffering from PND that leads to psychosis. It's a real eye opener, and I think it's important that we learn about it as it could happen to any of us and it's really important we seek help if it does.

Mental illness and depression are being openly talked about these days for the first time and are becoming very accepted, I think it's great.

Anyway, I would recommend! :)

Not watched it, not seen any of them. I always forget when they are in, hut usually catch up on I player when I'm quiet at work!

Thanks for the reminder/recommendation.

Oh it's actually just the recent one that's about what I said. It's called "My Baby, Psychosis and Me", it's the only one I've watched.

No probs :)

Ooo that sounds interesting, will look out for that, thanks x

I need to watch this as I suffered from postnatal psychosis and am interested to see how it's seen by others, gonna set some time aside at the weekend to watch it xo

Oohhh looks a good watch i will record, im all up for making perinatal more available for pregnant women and postnatal mums, it doesnt just happen after birth too, it happend to be in pregnancy last time and i was so ashamed to admit it. Xx

I watched this and found it very interesting, I never knew postnatal psychosis existed, only heard of postnatal depression. It must be so hard for both mum and dad, especially with having a new born baby.

I watched this with interest as my mum suffered terribly. She got sectioned and had ECG so I'm a little scared I'll get it.... Was useful to watch. Those poor families and what they go through. But at least positively it's usually a fairly short term illness.
Xx

I watched this as I have suffered with some ante natal anxiety/depression this time round (DD2) it was scary to see essentially massively exaggerated symptoms of myself a few weeks ago I didn't find it reassuring and it preyed on my mind all last night. If you are prone to anxiety I am not sure its a good watch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back