in the middle of the night...

zo75

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I just wondered if anyone knew why it is that women tend to go into labour in the middle of the night rather than day time? This is the case isn't it?

I haven't heard of anyone going into labour during the day. It always seems to be in the night.

Must be more relaxing than being induced.

Hi,

I was watching Room 101 last night on Sky with Lisa Tarbuck and she seemed to think it might be related to the moon and tides and weird stuff like that, it's probably just because labour for most women goes on for so long that part of it has to at night! Saying that my DH was born early evening and both his brothers were during the day.
Who knows?! But when my time comes I would bet a million pounds I will be up all night, my kinda luck!! :lol:

Nicki.xx :D

Maybe it's because the baby is generally more active at night and can help kick things off.

Hi

I'm hoping I will go into labour during the night.

For one : my partner does a 3 week shift pattern and only one of those weeks are nights so its more likely he will be home when it happens which is good because he works about 45 mins away.

Two: I really dont want to be in hospital very long and especially over night without my partner. My theory is if I go into labour during the night I should be out before the following night! (fingers and toes crossed)

Apparently it's because you are more relaxed to why it happens at night. So I've read.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

I think it has something to do with your menstral cycle aswell. I have read that you are likely to go into labour at around the same time as your period would appear. Not sure about everyone else but mine always arrives sometime during the night and I notice when I wake up in the morning. So if this is the norm for most people that might help explain it? xxx

Oh, mine comes at all different times, but mainly at night yes come to think of it. Then I have that brown stuff in the morning sorry TMI :oops:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with my daughter my waters broke at 2.20am

with my son my waters broke at 4.20am

maybe my waters will break on this one at 6.20am? lol

My brothers, sister and I were all born during the afternoon or evening, my mother went into labour with us in the morning time. I think I got my period in the middle of the night twice in my life - it can usually be predicted at about 11 am on my due day. Weird, huh?

Sue

All the labours I have attended have started at night or early hours. The moon apparently plays a part but I think a lot of it is because you are relaxed and your body 'allows' you to go into labour.

on my first child i went into labour at 2 in the night and gave birth 37 hours later in the afternoon :evil: am hoping this time round will be much quicker xxxxxxxxx

I think it's to do with the fact that most are conceived at night maybe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back