in reality, how long do we have...

melhoney

Reaction score
... to DTD once Ovulation has occured?

Is it over for the cycle, or should we still continue to DTD for sometime after that?
and how long after Ov, then?

Thanks

Sure someone will correct me if wrong but once you've ovulated the egg is viable for 24 hours. To give yourself more of a chance l would bed on a couple of days leading up to the OV day. Some people purposefully only bed on OV day and 1 day after in the hope of a boy but if you don't care about that l would just bed every other day. Good luck xxx

Every other day leading up to OV (if I remember rightly) then day of ov, then every other day after. Thing is, too much BDing will mean the quality (or quantity, or both, can't remember what one) will lessen so you don't want to BD every day lol.

Plus, in fertile conditions, swimmers can live 2-3 days I think.

x x

Ok, so...a question for you then:
My cycle lasts 32 days (or 31 sometimes! :roll:).
Last AF started on 18th January so I expect my other AF on 18th of Feb.
Just been to a market and bought 3 sticks...yea, here in Beijing, you can buy units of them :shock:
I just tested and it has 2 lines, second one pink but lighter than the control line.
I read the instruction of these sticks online in English and it obviously says my test is negative because my second line is fainter.

at 19 days in my cycle, should I still get a faint line? does that mean I haven't Ovulated yet??:shock:

Here is a picture if that can help... I am really confused.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20120205_173427.jpg
    IMG_20120205_173427.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 12
I never got lines darker than the control but I know I ov'd cuz I'm preggers!

I poas for days and they were faint, faint, faint... and then they darkened up for 2 days and then went faint again, still not as dark as the control though.

XX

right, so it IS possible to get a faint line AFTER ovulation?
I just don't know if I should continue to look for the LH surge or if it is gone!?

The best way to confirm ovulation is to chart your temps, but you should start from cd1 to notice the temp shift. Opk only show you your surge, it doesn't confirm ovulation. It is possible to get a pos opk & not ovulate.

X

I see. Well, I can't temp here, I don't have the right type of thermometer and can't find one around here...not saying it does not exist, but can't get myself understood...:x
I am scrutinizing my CM and can use OPKs every now and then...
I felt so heavy in my tummy yesterday, I hardly ate but was feeling a pressure in my uterus, and then, 2 nights ago, I felt too hot and could not sleep well.

Anyway, thanks for clearing a few things...I can't believe I have a 6 years old and yet I know so little!!:roll:

Mel x

I see. Well, I can't temp here, I don't have the right type of thermometer and can't find one around here...not saying it does not exist, but can't get myself understood...:x
I am scrutinizing my CM and can use OPKs every now and then...
I felt so heavy in my tummy yesterday, I hardly ate but was feeling a pressure in my uterus, and then, 2 nights ago, I felt too hot and could not sleep well.

Anyway, thanks for clearing a few things...I can't believe I have a 6 years old and yet I know so little!!:roll:

Mel x

Hi Mel, can you get Amazon in Beiijing? (lol, sorry if I am being thick!) if you can, you could try to buy a basal digital thermometer from there, that's where I got mine from :) xx

Thanks for the suggestion. not thick at all! We have an amazon here, it's (again) in Chinese.

Otherwise, I was thinking of asking the fertility doctor I will see on the 21st. He did not mention temping when I first saw him, but with the biopsy, smear and hubby's SA's results, I am hoping he will be able to give me some practical tips, a way forward...They might even sell them at the hospital (but they will be a fortune, a GP consultation costs equivalent to 70 rmb!)
Thanks ladies :)

Hiya,

I have a 10 year old and I was so unaware of the ins and outs (no pun intended) of TTC.
I have ovulated and still got a couple of faint lines after so it is possible to still get them.
In regards to trying once OV has occured I was researching this yesterday and most sites say to try after OV (the day after) too but from my research it is not likely to happen as the egg is only viable for 12-24 hours after being released. The sperm have to go into a capacitation period to make them strong enough to fertalize the egg. This can take up to ten hours. The site I was on actually said the day before Ov is better than the day of Ov as they can go through this process and be ready for the egg. No harm in trying that extra day. Just cos the chances are slim-doesnt mean no chance at all.
Loads of luck xx

Yes, it's possible to get faint lines after ovulation (if you've ovulated yet etc) - you might even have missed the surge and are catching it on it's way back down. Or you're catching it on the way up. It's hard to tell hun.

x x

Right poas just an hour ago and line is darker, so loojs like i have ovulated right? So drd tonight shld still be in time??
I wanted last night but hubby came back close to midnight with temperaturw and he looked so tired, i did not have the heart to take the last bit of sense he had...although i have to admit i was really guted... thats bad right...we HAVE TO DO IT TONIGHT!!!!!!!:bd:

If your line is getting darker you still haven't ovd so get to bed missy xxx

Feel like crying right now!!! Hubby is feeling so bad, with 39 degrees fever, he does not to bed...
i can understand but i am devastated...:( :(

Don't worry too much hun, I know it's crap going through another cycle but at least you might be a bit more prepared or informed rather for next cycle. :hugs: You never know, you might just be catching the surge going up and might still catch the egg.

:hugs: :hugs:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back