in pain from mw :(

Bellarina

Reaction score
hi girls

I went to midwife today for my 38 week appt and my usual one wasn't there but saw an older one who wasn't v nice.

she was quite rough with my bump. the trainee had a feel first and said she thought head was 3/5 engaged....then the older one pushed her hand in really hard and wiggled his head and said "no hes not engaged at all as I can still move his head". now I had felt quite optimistic that he was starting to engage as I could kinda feel something different in my pelvis last week or so (I know tho they can un-engage .....cant they?)

well since then iv had quite a lot of pain/cramping.....and im currently led on my bed as im getting Braxton hicks quite a lot and close together with this really bad period pain and pain in pelvis and back....it cant be labour tho can it as only 4 hrs ago he apparently wasn't engaged????

I dunno I guess I feel bit crap as didn't have v good experience with this other mw

xxxxxxxxxxxx

this was how i felt after my bump got attacked by MW friday and my sweep.. my so called contractions went on all night up to 5mins apart and i genuinally thought things were happening!

In regard to engaging tho hun, he can do all that with contractions in labour so if u are in labour he can engage within a few hours!!

FX it is otherwise i hope the pains bugger off, i hate it when they are rough, i dnt see why they have to push down so hard!
my pubic bone is bruised aswell cos i had 2 MWs come to the house and they both kept wanting to measure my bump and dug their thumb into my public bone every time!! :( xx

Labour can start even if baby's head is completely free. Some babies don't engage until labour is happening. Some babies can also be engaged for weeks and labour doesn't happen. Then can become un-engaged as well. They can even engage, move out and flip into breech if they really want to be mischievous.

Hope your pains feel better soon. I've been lucky so far and not had any midwives who have pushed down really hard!

thanks for the replies girls....im still getting the pain and Braxton hicks....but I haven't even lost any of my plug or anything yet so im thinkin unlikely im in labour isn't it
hes been head down for weeeeks and weeks, just doesn't wanna engage for mw
xxx

Hi hun,
Sorry you had a bad experience with the midwife hun.
Hope this is things starting for you.

I have been getting really bad braxton hicks all day, way worse thna i ever experienced with my son.
I ve felt really emotional as well today, tearful over nothing!!!

Ha ha not long . xxxxxxxxx

nooo u dnt have to lose ur plug either!! my friend didnt until 5 hours into active labour at 7cm!!!

And look at me i lost mine saturday and sod all has happened since!

So keep watching them and monitoring them hun xxxx

When my partners mum was pregnant with him, she was 33 weeks pregnant and went to the midwife who checked her bump and was really rough with her and she was in pain immediately and give birth that evening/following morning. It was all down to this midwife. Keep timing your braxton hicks incase it kick starts things for you. Xx

thanks girls guess it just shows how we r all different doesn't it....iv felt quite hormonal today as well

thank u for all the advice and replies

xxx

I'm hoping baby's head will be further engaged at my next appointment. We had our anomaly scan at 19 weeks and couldn't get all the measurements as baby was head down and wouldn't change position! All other checks and scans have shown baby to be head down, so facing the right way for at least 17 weeks now!! It'll be just my luck if they decide to go breech!!

I'm so worried I wont have a clue if I'm going into labour! Some women don't even have their waters broken until they're well into labour!

Omg that seems a bit harsh. I know they obviously know what they are doing but they must realize it hurts and its uncomfortable. Luckily for me my midwife is really nice and is always as gentle as she can be. What a bitch lol hope your ok xxx

Some babies are born in their bag of waters. Everyone is different.

she wasn't my usual midwife id never seen this one before...but she was quite old and I wonder if shes been doing it so long shes become complacent and not as gentle as she shood be....haven't had any other mw be that rough with me and baby before

xxx

It might be the real thing hun.... Sorry the mw was evil! Fx for you hun and good luck!
You may have lost your plug and not realised.

Xx

Just seen this Bella (sorry, had mega stress about finding a kindergarten for the last couple of days - more in my journal!) HOW ARE YOU TODAY HUN???? Has the BH stopped or is this the start of something - just hope you dont have this MW during labour................

BIG HUGS HUN!!! XXXXX

Labour can start even if baby's head is completely free. Some babies don't engage until labour is happening. Some babies can also be engaged for weeks and labour doesn't happen. Then can become un-engaged as well. They can even engage, move out and flip into breech if they really want to be mischievous.

Hope your pains feel better soon. I've been lucky so far and not had any midwives who have pushed down really hard!

gosh i didnt know that at all!!!

hope that teh pain goes aaway unless its labour in which case i hope teh baby comes soon! xxxxx

Thanks girls...they were bhs. ..Bloody convincing ones tho lol xxx

I don't understand why someone would try to move the baby's head at all. I go to the doctor and they are minimally in invasive. This is my third pregnancy and my experience has been that they only check to see if I'm dilated and how much. Is there a reason why they would risk being so invasive like that? I'd be so afraid of hurting the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back