In hospital :(

I'm still losing so much blood and just past several more clots. If my cervix is closed where's is coming from x

sorry i cant help but i do hope your cervix stays closed and you little sticky bean is ok xxx

so glad everything is ok. I was going to say placenta previa as I was told I may have that at last scan. they said to expect bleeding as the uterus grows and the placenta is moving across the cervix. I've to go back at 32 weeks for another scan but I think the main advice is to really take it easy xx

Ok..... So this quote suggests movement of the placenta is normal (more so with a low lying placenta) I didn't post the link as its going on about placenta previa which I don't thinks relevant

"During pregnancy, the placenta moves as the womb stretches and grows. It is very common for the placenta to be low in the womb in early pregnancy. But as the pregnancy continues, the placenta moves to the top of the womb. By the third trimester, the placenta should be near the top of the womb, so the cervix is open for delivery."

Thank you very much. Did it say anything about it causing you to bleed? X

I don't want to mis-inform you or worry you, but everything I find re placenta moving goes back to placenta previa, which can apparently cause bleeding. Usually later on in pregnancy but when I search for example placenta previa at 13 weeks bleeding, there are threads from other forums etc.... I mean take a look, but as we all know google is dangerous! But I know if I were in your shoes I'd be googlingy heart out! On a brighter note there are women that have placental previa have had a bleed n baby's not been effected

Just wanted to say so pleased for u I love the happy outcomes of story's like this I also thought it was the end for me at 8 weeks I'm 23+1 today I'm so pleased for u x

Really happy to read this that all is ok, you have a real strong little baby in there xxx

Aww god this little bub is really putting you threw the mill with worry I've have absolutely everything crossed for you that the bleeding eases up! Take full advantage of having hubby there to look after you x

Oh gosh, how terrifying. Hope everything is OK in the end. Thinking of you xxx

What did the hospital say about going back? Like did they say if bleeding continues or worsens to go back? Xx

What did the hospital say about going back? Like did they say if bleeding continues or worsens to go back? Xx

Yeah they said if it gets worse or the pains more than I can handle to go straight back. I live right by the hospital. It seems a bit lighter this morning and I'm seeing the doc tomorrow for a check up x

I bled at 14+5 not as much as you are describing (but needed anti D jab) had a scan as couldn't find HB with doppler. Little one wriggling loads and low lying placenta seen. Also infection such as a UTI can make cervix friable and likely to bleed so could be from that. Rest up and make sure you take all of the antibiotic course they gave you. Hope all goes ok.

Last edited:
The bleedings slowed down now thank god. Still lot of pain from the uti tho so hopefully the antibiotics work soon. I had anti d too sore butt now lol x

I'm really glad the bleeding has slowed - sounds like they are looking after you which is good :) fx everything's good at the check up tomorrow - I'm sure it will - your little bean seems very strong! Xx

Almost crying reading this, I am so, so sorry hun! :( We're all here for you and we're all thinking of you. Xxx

Hope things continue to go well. X

Omh, tapatalk is crap! Just caught this thread. Blimey girl! Glad scan showed bean is okay! Just rest up hun and hope the antibiotics kick in soon x x

Sent from my Nexus 7

So pleased to hear you're ok! A friend of move had placenta previa (where placenta covers the cervix), which may be similar to what you have. She also experienced blood loss like you describe but she has gone on to have a lovely, healthy baby :)

Any update? How are you today? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back