In Hospital today!!

Tineke

Reaction score
Not sure if all of you read my post yesterday but I have been experiencing more regular Braxton Hicks contractions and tightenings every few minutes. I was laying still and connected to the monitor, and having more than I actually though I was. Eventually they subsided and I was able tl leave the hospital. My doctor wants to see me again tomorrow and said this could be early signs of premature labor (I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN)

Everything was running so perfectly, I will be 34 weeks in 1 day. Problem with where I live now, is that if I have a labor earlier, I will have to fly to the city to have the baby. They said they could try to stop it but even if they do that, I will have to be in the city until 37 weeks as they don't have the facilities here for a prem baby.

I have been having more BH's since returning home but I will see the doctor tomorrow morning and I will know more then I guess.

I will let you know what happens then... I am tired and heading to sleep now. Wish me luck girls.. please oxox

aww hun, im sorry you are having problems, you must be on pins all the time expecting something to happen :(

go get lots of rest, i will keep my fingers crossed for you

xxx

I'm so sorry you're having this problem Tinke.

Please be rest assured though at 34 weeks your baby stands an excellent chance outside the womb and may not even need help with breathing. Have they talked about giving you the steroid injections for baby's lungs incase this progresses to prem labour? I had these at 27 weeks.

I know you would prefer not to be transferred to another hospital, but it would be the best for your baby. I'm at risk of premature labour too and if I go into labour before 32 weeks I can't have baby at my booked hospital and will be transferred to another hospital which could be anywhere in the country which has a space.

Wishing you very good luck at the hospital tomorrow and I hope your tightenings settle. If you want to talk give me a PM, I know what your head is going through right now. I hope everything settles down though and there's no need to worry.

Thinking of you

xxxx

Good Luck Honey xxx

Keep us all posted.

Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs :)

Good luck hun. You get some rest if you can.

Thinking of you
+++

Hello

Well at least your as far along as you are. I was born at 30 weeks and was 3 pounds i had to stay for a while in hospital but was fine, so your baby will be fine, It sucks youde have to fly though cuz you wont be able to have much family there with you, but as long as babys fine right.
Well wish you the best of luck and keep us updated.
Katrina

Hi Tineke

Let us know how you get on today.

Silly statement but try not to worry, the hospital will do whatever is best for you and your little one.

We are all thinking of you hun.

x

Ok!!

I went to visit my doctor again today and he checked everything out and said everything seems fine now. Since seeing the doctor there has been less tightenings and less BH's... Can panic bring these on more frequently do you think? I really wonder!!

I have since felt great and had such a busy day. I ended up getting all the things needed for my hospital bag, so that is now completed (JUST IN CASE!!!).

I must say that the worry I had yesterday really made me think about everything that is happening. How time is going really fast and before I know it I will have a little baby to look after and that we need to relax and use this time we have so very wisely for us and for our relationships. I have been taking this pregnancy really well (even still now!) but when the slightest thing can happen, MAN it can shake you up..

Sami if you are reading this I am right there with you girl, you have been through more than most on this forum and you are here positively supporting everyone, thanks babe!!

I also bought myself some special things today, I have not done that in a long time, and it made me feel better.

Thanks again guys for your support and words of encouragement during my little dilema (LOL). Luv Tineke

I'm always here :lol:

I'm so pleased everything has settled down mate I really am - it's absolutely terrifying I know - you just imagine what could happen if the tightenings didn't stop etc, not matter how hard you try not to. My hosp bag too is just being finished (get the last bits like shampoo now) so I'm ready just incase.

Hope things go smoothly from here on mate - wishing you and bump well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back