Implantation Bleeding?

Kayley9484

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am totally new to all of this so any advice would be amazing. Basically, I have a regular 28 day cycle without fail every month which lasts about 5 days. My last cycle started on the 12th November and according to my phone app, I should have ovulated on Saturday 24th. That same day, I had some pink spotting once (I've never experienced this in my life) which I thought was strange, but didn't think anything of it. I am now 5 days late, and since Tuesday, there have been 3 random occasions where I've had pink and brown spotting when I've wiped after going to the toilet. I took a pregnancy test on Thursday (2 days after the first pink spotting) and it came back negative. I used a First Response test but I've read quite a lot of negative comments on these tests... Does anyone know what could be happening or have you been in a similar situation? Any help would be great! (P.S. I've also been much more tired than usual, had mild cramps, headaches and random painful breasts. I've never been pregnant before and we are not using any protection)

Hi everyone! I am totally new to all of this so any advice would be amazing. Basically, I have a regular 28 day cycle without fail every month which lasts about 5 days. My last cycle started on the 12th November and according to my phone app, I should have ovulated on Saturday 24th. That same day, I had some pink spotting once (I've never experienced this in my life) which I thought was strange, but didn't think anything of it. I am now 5 days late, and since Tuesday, there have been 3 random occasions where I've had pink and brown spotting when I've wiped after going to the toilet. I took a pregnancy test on Thursday (2 days after the first pink spotting) and it came back negative. I used a First Response test but I've read quite a lot of negative comments on these tests... Does anyone know what could be happening or have you been in a similar situation? Any help would be great! (P.S. I've also been much more tired than usual, had mild cramps, headaches and random painful breasts. I've never been pregnant before and we are not using any protection)
Hello,

The spotting on the 24th could have just been from ovulation, which can happen to some women.

Lots of women get implantation bleeding around the time there period would have been due.
It’s also great that your 5 days late.

If you are indeed pregnant a test should be 99% accurate by now, so maybe take another test! If it comes back negative it’s probably one of those super annoying months that us poor women get when TTC ughhh.

Good luck xxx

The first round of spotting sounds like it was on your ovulation day so that’ll be the cause. If you took a test 2 days after O day, no wonder it was negative! You can’t get a positive until 5 days before your period at the earliest (and even then, it’s not common). If you’re 5 days late that’s pretty promising and any brand of test will be 99% accurate now, so I’d say retest :)

Also, don’t know where you’ve read bad comments on first response tests - they’re well regarded as the best brand on TTC forums! Stay away from anything blue.

Hello,

The spotting on the 24th could have just been from ovulation, which can happen to some women.

Lots of women get implantation bleeding around the time there period would have been due.
It’s also great that your 5 days late.

If you are indeed pregnant a test should be 99% accurate by now, so maybe take another test! If it comes back negative it’s probably one of those super annoying months that us poor women get when TTC ughhh.

Good luck xxx

Thank you for your reply! I will wait another couple days and see if anything happens! xxx

Hope you get a BFP very soon! First Response are really good just have to be careful of indents/evaps. I had a lot of indents couple months ago that really looked convincing like I might be pregnant. If there's no color to it...its not positive.

Still they are pretty good and better than blue dye tests for sure! Those can give from what I have heard (and seen) false positives because of the dye and stuff. Pink dye are the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back