Impaired placental blood flow

newgirl1991

Reaction score
Just had my 20 week scan. I'm 20+5 today.

The baby seems fine, but I showed an impaired placental blood flow. I have low PAPP-A. And high risk for a small baby.

I was really hoping they were going to say everything looked great.

I have to go in for growth scans at 26/30/34/38 weeks and will likely have an induction.

Has anyone showed impaired placental blood flow and had a successful pregnancy and healthy baby?

She said the word stillbirth and it's terrified me.

Hi @newgirl1991
I have low PAPP-A and was told by my midwife it’s very common and they never actually used to check for it!

I was diagnosed at my 12 week appointment. I’ve been taken 2 aspirin daily since as this helps the blood flow and nutrients to the placenta. Have you been put on any aspirin?
I have my 28 week grown scan on Xmas eve, will also get seen by consultant. I then will get scanned every 4 weeks so same as you.

Try not to worry about it. It’s been picked up on that’s the main thing so you’ll get extra care.

I am on aspirin. I have had preeclampsia twice so without any checks / scans they put me straight on it this time. I had to take it through my second pregnancy and got the blood flow scan then which showed up as OK. I'm waiting for that scan this time around and on one aspirin a day at the moment but they said I may go to two after the scan...but I think that's more about it being twins than anything else. Good news was that by taking aspirin last time around I made it to 40 weeks before there were signs of preeclampsia whereas first time around it was 36- 37 weeks. So the aspirin helped!

I can't help with personal experiences, just wanted to wish all the best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back