Impaired immune system

Toria111

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed they have a weakened immune system? I was in A&E last night with what I thought was an infected insect bite. Turns out I've got cellulitis! (No, not a case of extra cellulite, like a few of my friends have commented). Bit worried being pregnant too. On antibiotics, but seems to be spreading. My son had it when he was 2, which turned in to the flesh eating disease. Not sure if the doctors are treating it too lightly, or I'm overreacting because of what I have seen.

Oh dear, I'm so sorry you're ill!

I have read that you're immune system is shot when you're pregnant, and there I was thinking I was superwoman. My OH had a little sniffle last week and I caught it and ended up being written off work sick it was so extreme. Try and avoid sick people and if you do get sick drink plenty of fluids. Also I you're worried they're treating it too lightly, I'd definitely discuss yor concerns with them.

All the best for a full and speedy recovery my dear xxx

Sounds horrible you poor thing. Hope you recover quickly.

Michelle. x

Thanks all, just wondering what else I'm going to catch. I'm never sick.

Pregnancy is considered a immunodeficiency comparable to aids!!!!!
It's your body's way to not do harm to your baby (to not accidentally consider it a foreign object in your body and try to expel it)
So yeah you are likely to catch any bug and virus going around and that's why pregnant women are vaccinated against flu as they are very likely to get it and get it bad if they come in contact.

I got a cold 3 times while pregnant, all 3 it lasted a full 2-3 weeks and I thought I will die ha ha as you can get almost nth to make you feel better and you have the added difficulty of a huge bump so you can barely breath or move anyway...

Oh the joys...

Get well soon.

Antibiotics is the correct treatment for cellulitis so I think you are in good hands and I hope you will feel better soon.

Pregnancy is considered a immunodeficiency compared to aids!!!!!
It's your body's way to not do harm to your baby (to not accidentally consider it a foreign object in your body and try to expel it)
So yeah you are likely to catch any bug and virus going around and that's why pregnant women are vaccinated against flu as they are very likely to get it and get it bad if they come in contact.

I got a cold 3 times while pregnant, all 3 it lasted a full 2-3 weeks and I thought I will die ha ha as you can get almost nth to make you feel better and you have the added difficulty of a huge bump so you can barely breath or move anyway...

Oh the joys...

Get well soon.

Antibiotics is the correct treatment for cellulitis so I think you are in good hands and I hope you will feel better soon.

Thanks,

Hope it passes soon too. That's interesting. Didn't know all that.

Not looking forward to the winter being pregnant no.

oooh that doesn't sound too good hun hope it gets better quickly x

I've been feeling like crap the last two days and I NEVER get ill...I've got Hayfever, throat and chest infection :-(

Hope you feel better soon too. think the antibiotics are starting to work on me. but cant tell if im not feeling well from the cellulitis, or pregnancy.

Also meant to put on the other thread about hayfever, if you put Vaseline around your nostrils it catches some of the pollen going in too. I laughed when someone told me, but it does work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back