im terrified

smokey08

Reaction score
I am absolutley petrified of labour!
My heart pounds at the thought of it.
Is it really as dramatic as they say it is?
I think its only hitting home now that I'm gonna give birth soon as tomorrow is my dd.
I feel like crying. Just need to cop myself on, but im so scared. :cry:

:hugs: i think we all feel the same hun, its very scary when you have no idea whats coming or how its going to go, i just keep thinking about the reward you get at the end, plus people wouldnt keep doing it if it wasnt worth it :) xx

Try not to worry hun, what will be will be and it is defo worth it in the end. I had fears too, and my worst fear came true, having to have epidural and emergency section. But ya know what, me and baby are here today and we're both fine. Once you're doing it, you're just so focused on getting that baby out of you that's all that matters xxx

this is the part that scares me the most too, wish there was an easier painfree way of getting them out lol xxx

I am absolutley petrified of labour!
My heart pounds at the thought of it.
Is it really as dramatic as they say it is?
I think its only hitting home now that I'm gonna give birth soon as tomorrow is my dd.
I feel like crying. Just need to cop myself on, but im so scared. :cry:

Hun, I am the same but I just keep telling myself all the pain will be worth it in the end and once your baby is in your arms you will forget about all the pain xxx

There's no denying it's tough, and I was petrified too, but believe me, when you're in the throes of labour, you just do it! Your body almost takes over, and Maria is right - you're so focused, whether you realise it or not, that you just do whatever it takes. It was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and I would do it all again in an instant, so it's obviously not tooooo bad :)

I was absolutely terrified! And I have a very low pain threshold I cry at the thought of having blood tests lol!
I'm not gonna lie it's painful, BUT i really surprised myself during labour I was offered an epidural but I turned it down because I felt I could just about manage and just had gas & air.
Everyone is different and some labours are easier than others. Just think of the positives hun, I was only in active labour for 8 hours.
If it was that awful people wouldn't go through it multiple times, I know I'd do it all over again. It's so worth it!

Good Luck hun :hugs: xxx

I'm terrified too

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Just remember that every contraction is one less to do before baby arrives - if you feel you're working your way through labour, with that golden prize at the end, it's easier to stay focused. You will be fine ladies, this is what we were built for lol! Trust your body, listen to your midwife, and breeeeeaaaaathe and you'll be fine. I only had G&A - no epidural even though I was cut, tore and had an assisted delivery. Don't panic :)

I've been doing hypnobirthing which has helped me with the fear. I went from wanting a hospital to home birth after only a few weeks of listening! Definitely try to find a visualisation, somewhere where you felt safe and focus on it, some people choose riding a wave during the contraction. I've got a beautiful magical waterfall I saw in Cornwall planned. Most of all they say try to relax as tensing up is the worst thing you can do. Try out some relaxation techniques online and just remember that our bodies were born to do this, and are fully equipped to birth our babies without any help (although it's great it's there!!) Also just keep thinking it will all be over at some point and you will have the most wonderful thing at the end of it. Nothing really worth anything is easy to come by!!!

you'll be great! It's the final stage of your pregnancy! I'd do it all again! But no more for me ;) xx

I'd give my left foot to be preg and in the last few days again!! :lol:
I loved my labour even though it wasn't straightforward!! I was petrified too towards the end of this one (and every day from the moment I got my unexpected bfp!!).. I'm so glad I needed an epidural ill defo be having one of them again !! Was so 'with it' throughout and was able to choose her clothes calmly at 10cm etc! Hated being spaced out with the pain with my first two..

Don't focus on the pain focus on the experience! And enjoy what time u have left not having to be up in the night, changing poo butts and feeding etc.. Even just walking without having to push a pushchair is something you'll miss!

You'll do just fine hun its an amazing experience and one you will never forget, for all the good reasons!!

Last edited:
hey im scared too, but reminding myself that it wont be forever, and the calmer i deal with the pain, the less painful it will be. u will be fine, jus try to focus on after the birth to keep u going

I was so scared too! What the other ladies have said too is true, go with your body don't fight the pain just breathe threw it. I was 12 days over and I was induced with the drip, not what I had imagined! But I coped on gas and air - yes it was painful but I have my beautiful daughter! And its the best thing I have ever done. X

Smokey you'll currently be finding out if it's as bad as you thought!

Hope you're ok, thinking of you!

:D

Try not to worry, your body is designed to do it, I'm sure you will be fine. If you not had baby yet try to read some positive birth stories to ease your worries (you can read mine!) Good luck x

I'm terrified too! I have bought a hypnobirthing CD, thought it was worth it to try and relax me about the whole thing! Reading what you girls have all said has made me feel better about it and I know it will all be worth it in the end!! x

Last edited:
Aww hun. The truth is, the more worked up you are about it, the more likely you are to lose control in labour. I loved my labour, it was brilliant...but i do remember one stage where i was losing control because the contractions had become so intense. If it wasn't for the midwife there at the time telling me to breathe deep and relax my shoulders I would have been a state.

Its inevitable so you just need to embrace it and go with the flow Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back