i'm still breastfeeding at 2yrs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ive carried on reading through the thread and im disapointed by the ladies jumping on the band wagon at the bf ladies making it a debate with the ff ladies. I never once stated i cant stand ff, or anything of that context, However what alot of ff ladies dont realise how difficult it is to actually bf.
I can go into if anyone wishes, however my point was yes i am a proud bf mummy and wanted to give support to other bf mummies, who are ever in doubt because of the neativity that surrounds them when bf.

The quotes about a lot of ff ladies not realising how hard it is to breastfeed or not understanding breastfeeding are so patronising!!!

I don't usually get involved in these types of debates but these comments have really got my back up!

I breastfed for 4.5 months. When my lo was 4 days old, we went back in to hospital as he was losing too much weight. I had breastfed him entirely, done all the courses, seen bf consultants, understood and could picture the perfect latch, but for whatever reason, something wasn't working.

I was then advised to bf from one side (30 minutes), express from the other and then feed him the expressed milk straight after. Then repeat every 3 hours regardless of whether it was day or night.

After 2 weeks, he still wasn't gaining weight well, so I was then advised to bf from one side, express from the other, feed that to baby straight away and then give him formula as well. Every three hours. And each feeding cycle took three hours too. You would have no idea how soul destroying it was to sit and feed your baby from 2-5am and then have to set your alarm for 6:30 to start the cycle again. We got to 4.5 months combi-feeding before switching to just formula.

So please don't insinuate that ff mums have no idea about how difficult it is to bf. If bf had worked well for us, I would have continued.

Like others, I felt a bit sorry for the backlash you had from others at the start of this thread but my response is purely in response to your later comments, which were very condescending.

I dont think it really matters where Wilson posted the thread... The title was quite obviously about bf so i have no idea why people even bothered reading it if they knew it would just rile them up. Just ignore it if you think it will offend you?

Btw I totally understand the meaning behind this thread wilson and think its quite sad that a clique have seemingly ganged up on you in this thread :hugs:

Almost as helpful and pot stirring as your men 'manning up' comment!!

I dont think it really matters where Wilson posted the thread... The title was quite obviously about bf so i have no idea why people even bothered reading it if they knew it would just rile them up. Just ignore it if you think it will offend you?

Btw I totally understand the meaning behind this thread wilson and think its quite sad that a clique have seemingly ganged up on you in this thread :hugs:

Actually it does. It's sort of like when someone posts a BFP thread on the TTC forum. Whilst I was happy for everyone on the whole, some days I felt so fed up with myself that the last thing I needed was someone announcing their BFP & would avoid the BFP forum.

Yes there's no intentions in the op but I can see why it would be a touchy subject.

And as I've already said, the 'only certain mums can understand' works both ways

Oh lovely, a stalker! I'm so flattered :):)

Actually it does. It's sort of like when someone posts a BFP thread on the TTC forum. Whilst I was happy for everyone on the whole, some days I felt so fed up with myself that the last thing I needed was someone announcing their BFP & would avoid the BFP forum.

Yes there's no intentions in the op but I can see why it would be a touchy subject.

And as I've already said, the 'only certain mums can understand' works both ways

As someone previously said, the same needs to go then for all the ff threads on this forum then too.

As someone previously said, the same needs to go then for all the ff threads on this forum then too.

But there's a difference between asking for advice & wanting to share your experience / pat yourself on the back. Everyone knows the first place to check are those forums but unfortunately when you're in need of advice & there's more traffic here it happens!

For as long as I've posted here there hasn't been any criticism of people asking questions around bf/ff. Regardless of intentions it's got a few people's backs up & it's turned into a debate

This is all ridiculous. Going to other parts of the forum and posting screen caps then saying someone else is the stalker? You must have too much time on your hands because I know I don't have time to do that.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Laughable

Pahahahahaha, actually made me spit out my tea! Get over yourself darling! :rofl:

Pahahahahaha, actually made me spit out my tea! Get over yourself darling! :rofl:

I can't darling! And it appears neither can you, following my posts an all :lol:

Can and worms springs to mind!!

I have been on this forum for years and this debate always crops up and it's always the same. The ff mummies feel like they are being made to feel like failures, the bf mummies are being made to feel like they are attacking the ff mummies or can't b proud of the fact they bf etc etc etc.

This is an emotive subject that will always cause emotions to run high.

Quite frankly having seen this exact same argument over and over again it does all become rather tedious!

There are pros and cons to each way of feeding for both mother and baby.

It is each mother's personal choice how she feeds her baby and potentially may not have been her choice at all, as factors may have forced a decision for her.

Think this will likely be a case where we all have to agree to disagree and have done with it.

XX

Well put.

We should try to be supportive to other mums, whatever their choices.

There's a lot of love in this room, I'm just happy I've got a baby, didn't think I could have one. I expressed and bottle formula fed and my boy is thriving! Be happy everyone xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back