i'm still breastfeeding at 2yrs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any mother should he particularly congratulated on feeding their child no matter how they do it. Babies/children need fed, feed them, a bf mum doesn't deserve to be congratulated any more than a bottle feeding mum. It's your baby you feed it yes, no congrats needed it's your child of.course you should feed it!

I just read this as at two years I'm still feeding my child. Good!

OMG did you just say that?? Thats like me saying whoopy doo you've had a baby!! My post was aimed at mummys who wanted good SUPPORT AND REASUREANCE that its possible to feed your child to and into a toddler age.

That quote you have just stated is less what of some support to women on here.

I suggest you may want to go let of your thoughts else where...

Team Breast and happy boobie days to all you breast feeding yummy mummies

Team breast. Hmmm

Well i apologise for non sensitive behaviour on this issue you think i have...but i feel thats unfair to say! I wouldnt dare write on someones ff thread and knock how they feed their child. My ref to saying ff mums dont understand the bf mums journey. It meant the hormone change our bodies suffer and your the only person who can feed the baby, the journey is all dependant upon the mother herself. Maybe you should have asked what i actually mesnt by my statement, instead of bashing me! And trust me i am a very considerate person!

Jojo did anyone ever explain to you that your bf wouldnt come strsight in after a csection? Thats what i meant about understanding bf,

Well i apologise for non sensitive behaviour on this issue you think i have...but i feel thats unfair to say! I wouldnt dare write on someones ff thread and knock how they feed their child. My ref to saying ff mums dont understand the bf mums journey. It meant the hormone change our bodies suffer and your the only person who can feed the baby, the journey is all dependant upon the mother herself. Maybe you should have asked what i actually mesnt by my statement, instead of bashing me! And trust me i am a very considerate person!

Jojo did anyone ever explain to you that your bf wouldnt come strsight in after a csection? Thats what i meant about understanding bf,

They didn't need to "explain" anything. I'm not completely stupid. My problem was not supply it was a physical prOblemI know that and I also know about hormones because I had the hormone changes, I also had the pain of letting my milk dry up, which is something you don't understand. You're talking down to me and simplifying things that you don't understand.

I think maybe the thread would have been better posted in the bf section because the original post was very specific to those who have breastfed.
it shouldn't ever have been about ff vs bf parents as everyone is entitled to feed their baby however it suits them and their family.
maybe post your 'team breast' support in the forum that has been created for it.

I think maybe the thread would have been better posted in the bf section because the original post was very specific to those who have breastfed.
it shouldn't ever have been about ff vs bf parents as everyone is entitled to feed their baby however it suits them and their family.
maybe post your 'team breast' support in the forum that has been created for it.

^^ WSS

And with regards to what on bf ladies understand, the same can be said of ff ladies. Only they know how it feels to try and do something that is considered best for their child & have to stop for whatever reason it may be. Do you know how it makes you feel? Well for most a bit of a failure (and they're not) but they'll go through it anyway! Then each time they hear of a success story they beat themselves up again despite being pleased for the other person.

So yes, Bex & Pregnot are probably right. This would be best placed in the bf forum.

I dont think it really matters where Wilson posted the thread... The title was quite obviously about bf so i have no idea why people even bothered reading it if they knew it would just rile them up. Just ignore it if you think it will offend you?

Btw I totally understand the meaning behind this thread wilson and think its quite sad that a clique have seemingly ganged up on you in this thread :hugs:

But my success wasn't to knock any mother who couldn't successfully bf. It was for encouragement to the mothers who doubted about bf. Yes it could go in the bf section, but not all people look in there.
it's so hard to truly express who you are and what you mean in the online world...
My point wasn't to pull any ff down, I'm not like that, a lot of people on here know I had such a bad experience in pregnancy and after birth that I thought I was going to die because issues with my heart. My thread was suppose to be aimed at im here im still bf and chuffed after what I went through.
So please don't take me the wrong way im not like that, I guess I'm a proud mummy
:)

I can see quite a few threads about formula feeding in this section currently... I imagine they were posted in here for the same reason this one was - because more people read this section, so you're more likely to get a response!

Wilson wasn't having a go at people who use formula, why would she? There's really no need for all this negativity in her thread :(

Last edited:
I had said nothing untill she turned around and said FF mums don't understand -

I had read the thread before and didn't get involved despite others doing so.

We are not a clique we are a group of mums who support each other - regardless of the decisions made with parenting or feeding or weaning or anything

It just so happens that your thread managed to offend most if us - because we have all had the unfortunate experience of not being able to or having to stop for some reason which of course means we don't understand the 'struggles' and 'hormonal ' changes endured

We don't create threads praising ourselves - we don't start going on about formula feeding all the while

We just chat away happily

I can see quite a few threads about formula feeding in this section currently... I imagine they were posted in here for the same reason this one was - because more people read this section, so you're more likely to get a response!

Wilson wasn't having a go at people who use formula, why would she? There's really no need for all this negativity in her thread :(

No she wasn't - I stated that - but don't make bold statements saying FF mums don't understand

That's what got my back up and despite having read the thread before and not had anything to say - that statement annoyed me

You say you are disappointed at the ladies making this a ff v Bf debate and yet sign off another post with 'team breast'. Really?

That's what got my back up and despite having read the thread before and not had anything to say - that statement annoyed me
You might not have said anything in this thread, but it didn't stop you all chatting about it in the other thread!

I dont think it really matters where Wilson posted the thread... The title was quite obviously about bf so i have no idea why people even bothered reading it if they knew it would just rile them up. Just ignore it if you think it will offend you?

Btw I totally understand the meaning behind this thread wilson and think its quite sad that a clique have seemingly ganged up on you in this thread :hugs:

I disagree the thread was very specifically aimed at bf people so therefore would have got the praise the poster obviously wanted.
It doesn't rile me up but I can see why others would have been abit ticked off when it's signed off team breast etc
yes alot of people post feeding queries in this section because it has more viewers perhaps than the bf or ff sections but I still think the original post was for the sole purpose of bf people to congratulate her or share why they don't feed anymore which is what I did but then get educated on benefits of bf for my response.
It's interesting that an innocent post on how proud she is that she's fed her baby suddenly turns into me being directed to bf education sites because I chose to stop before 12 months.
I'm ok with it and my decision to bf up to 10 months however I still maintain the post would have been better received in bf section.
That's all nothing negative just think with something so emotive maybe pick where best to share your successes

Last edited:
You might not have said anything in this thread, but it didn't stop you all chatting about it in the other thread!

Yep! We are free to do so :) it's an open forum

We have nothing to hide

Ok mummybexee...so glad she wasnt my bfsp CLASSY.... Not clique hey!!! Hmmmm!!

Can and worms springs to mind!!

I have been on this forum for years and this debate always crops up and it's always the same. The ff mummies feel like they are being made to feel like failures, the bf mummies are being made to feel like they are attacking the ff mummies or can't b proud of the fact they bf etc etc etc.

This is an emotive subject that will always cause emotions to run high.

Quite frankly having seen this exact same argument over and over again it does all become rather tedious!

There are pros and cons to each way of feeding for both mother and baby.

It is each mother's personal choice how she feeds her baby and potentially may not have been her choice at all, as factors may have forced a decision for her.

Think this will likely be a case where we all have to agree to disagree and have done with it.

XX

152139da10be64c04d1fb947ac301460.jpg
44a966b8b40e4398628c42943483d5dc.jpg
336ff674ea581a498c4f99ca52b43a96.jpg
6826e28dc1d3d4bf3862e4c3b98063f5.jpg

Online warriors.....is this what motherhood group has come too!!!!!

Can everyone just give it a rest! No more fuel Wilson .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back