I'm so hungry!

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by SarahLouB, Jul 23, 2013.

1. SarahLouB

SarahLouB Well-Known Member

So far I have managed to be really sensible with my eating and I have only put on around 20lbs. I suffered with nausea until I was around 16 weeks and my appetite didn't really go back to normal but for the last few days I am so hungry all the time! I am trying not to give in to the hunger and I'm just eating extra fruit, veg and nuts but I feel like I just want to go out and eat loads and loads of food. I can't stop thinking about food :(

I'm almost 35 weeks so has anyone else experienced this towards the end and does anyone have any suggestions of healthy things that I could eat to stop me feeling hungry?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

2. Vic27

Vic27 Well-Known Member

I was the opposite my appetite was huge at the start I was eating everything in sight then a few weeks ago I went off food and didn't know wot I wanted which drove oh mad lol! But now I can't eat as much as usual I have to eat small and often but I love chocolate can't get enough of it! Tbh I see it as I've only got 3 weeks to go so I'm not worrying about it I just eat wot I want now lol! X

3. dmkirk89

dmkirk89 Well-Known Member

i cant stop eating this past week but i generally am hungry, its not out of boredom lol

4. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I read somewhere a few days ago that it's usual for your appetite to increase at 35 weeks - which worried me as I've been scoffing loads for weeks already, I don't know if I could handle any more food! :)

5. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

Yes! I was hardly eating at around week 35, wasnt hungry for breakfast and only ate between 3-9pm. However, a couplw of days later.. I was always hungry! I was eating everything. Over the last week im still quite hungry a lot of the time. But nowhere near as bad I was at 36ish weeks xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

6. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

I'm the same Sarah, I am nearly 35 weeks too and starving!!!! I think it's normal, baby is growing 1/2 lb a week on average. Just go with it, try and eat at least some healthy things. I'm a big believer in listening to your body. Mine wants meat and carbs! :) oh and biscuits :p

I have not suffered much with heartburn and baby is rarely up in the rib area so doesn't affect me eating as yet.

xx