im so alone

steel1720

Reaction score
Im currently nearly 35 weeks pregnant and i am so isolated and alone. I only found out about a month ago that i was actually pregnant after not having a swolen stomach and putting pains down to a bowel problem i have. Anyway i am still very young and decided quite quickly that the best option for me was to give the baby up for adoption and to keep it a secret from everyone. As i wanted to keep it a secret i found this very hard as the midwifes and social work started hounding me with letters for dates and telephone calls to me house (when they have my mobile number) and stating who they were to my parents which i then had to go and make up excuses etc to cover those tracks. You may be thinking why go to all that effort to cover that up well my mum is a social worker and i know that giving this child up for addoption is the best thing for me in my life at the moment i done have the things i need to support a child just now and i am all over the place at this stage of life and i feel that giving this child to parents who will look after it and bring he or she up as there own would be worlds better than what i could ever offer a child at the minute but i feel so isolated and alone i cant talk to my partner about it or my family or friends as i know theyd judge me and im finding it very hard to cope keeping together just now i feel like my partner in general is very hot and cold and i do have alot of insecurities as he talks and chats up alot of girls on these social networking sites and as my hormones are everywere i just feel like im the only person trying ano i might sound very selfish and im just venting just now but i need to vent all this somewere orelse ill just get worse i dont know what to do who to talk to or what im going to do i just need help

Hi..

Have you not told the father of your baby that you are pregnant and want to up the baby up for adoption.
I can understand you dont want to be judged hun, but im sure if you sit down and explain this to your parents they can support you. What your doing by giing this baby the best in life with a family that can offer that is lovely hun. But you also beed the help and support whilst going through this pregnancy aswell as after.

Its really just my opinion but i think you'll benefit opening up an talking about this to your loved ones. Youve only recently found out yourself and i can imagine that as a shock. You need the help and support.
And your partner needs to know what your planning to do regarding adoption.

Xx

You NEED support!!! I understand that tellig your parents is a very scary thought but you need to tell them and your partner.. Secrets come put and this is a very big one that you shpuldnt be dealig with yourself.. It took your partner for u too get pregnant too and if he cant support you then he isnt worth your time.. What u plan on doing is what u see best for the baby which is your decision but it wont be easy you cant do this alone you will never be the same person again itd eat you up inside if u have to deal with it alone xx

You are going through one of the most stressful times of your life, you can't expect to do it alone. You are being extremely brave coming to the decision that you have, but you may come to regret later in life that you didn't explore all your options and speak to your parents.

You are obviously young. My sister had her little girl when she was 16, but what really made it work was her being open and honest to our parents so they could be there for her.

Not the same but I had an abortion at 15 and didn't tell anyone. I suffered for years with the after thoughts and what ifs. It's only a few weeks back (I'm 25 now) that I told my mum what happened. She was very supportive and I knew instantly that I should have told her at the time so she could help. That's what are parents are there for! They just want the best for their children (just like you do for your baby). Yes it's very scary, but once you've spoken to them the weight of the world will be lifted off your shoulders.

You haven't mentioned your relationship with your parents, how do you think they would react? No wonder you are feeling isolated and alone, anyone would be x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back