Im only 22 weeks and have feet and ankles like balloons!!

Angela123

Reaction score
Hi

I am very worried that I have very swollen feet and ankles too early in my pregnancy. You see, my sister was the same when she was pregnant. They first of all found protein in her urine (which my midwife found in mine 2 weeks ago) and then she started to itch - which I also have to the point where I cant sleep, and now very swollen feet and ankles - which is what she had also. My sister got diagnosed with kidney failure at this stage of her pregnancy. I have mentioned this many times to my midwife but she thinks there is nothing to worry about just yet. I cant help but think the same is happening to me.

I have booked myself into the dr this afternoon as I cant even get my slip on shoes on! I need piece of mind that this is at least ok, by having another protein test to see if it has got worse and checking of Bp etc. I have tried to see my midwife but she has said, everything is just normal.

Has anyone else have very swollen feet from this point in their pregnancy?

I can't rememeber when I started getting swollen feet but I know I definately had them at 26 weeks because I was away then and I remeber most of my shoes wouldn't fit. I had had to take my wedding ring off and we were in Italy and I saw a few people looking at the bump and then my finger!
IF you are worried though I would insist on being checked as frequently as you need for your own peace of mind - this is the stage to realy enjoy your pregnancy so don't leave to doctors until you have want you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back