I'm in a panic - are fussy feeding stages normal???

hellywelly

Reaction score
My baby the human dustbin has suddenly decided she doesn't want to eat anything and I've got in a bit of a tizzy about it. I'm hoping she's just under the weather with a bit of a cough and it's put her off but mealtimes are getting a bit stressful, even though I'm making light of it and trying not to show I'm bothered. She's an absolute chubbly so a few missed meals won't hurt but my worst nightmare is a fussy food child! Do they sometimes go through these stages??

It could be that she's teething Hun?

Cam will have days where he's not as interested although he can't resist temptation completely x

Was going to suggest teething- the days Harry's ended up poorly with teething have always started with not wanting to eat much x

Albert's been doing this too. I've gone from literally shovelling it in to not being able to get him to open his mouth. Their taste buds do change periodically, they often make everything taste incredibly bitter, it's a protection against them eating poison berries or something. We are just eating puddings and rusks at the moment along with vitamin drops. It's better than nothing! xxxxxxxx

Yes.

Seren has been on plenty of hunger strikes in her time. Don't make a big deal of it and don't feed them snacks. When they are hungry, they will eat. Sometimes I can't believe how little Seren can eat and still bomb around!

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I always swore I'd be the 'if you don't want it then there's nothing else on offer' type mummy and not pander to E or her whims, but when she really doesn't eat much, I panic and debate giving her anything she'll eat (which at the moment appears to be stew and rice pudding!!). Did cave today and buy her petit filous instead of the Plum no sugar fromage frais. They do taste a bit rank with no sugar!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back