Im ill

Bloom

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend anything to take for a really sore throat, cough and a head cold! Ive been surviving on these honey and lemon sweets recommended from the chemist but they are not working. I dont really want to take parcetomol if i can help it so anything natural would be good.

Anyone got a miracle cure?

Its funny i think my baby girl knows mummy is not feeling well because she is kicking at a good time of day and letting me sleep without waking me up.

I'm the same... and because of the wedding being in 6 days I need to get better asap!

I've had a couple of paracetemol and the drink i swear by - hot honey and lemon :)

1) Squeeze a quarter of a lemon into a mug (then leave the lemon in the mug for taste)
2) Add a tablespoon of honey
3) Add hot water
4) Add sugar if required

I always drink this when I'm ill and it works for me :)

Hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

andreaaa said:
I'm the same... and because of the wedding being in 6 days I need to get better asap!

I've had a couple of paracetemol and the drink i swear by - hot honey and lemon :)

1) Squeeze a quarter of a lemon into a mug (then leave the lemon in the mug for taste)
2) Add a tablespoon of honey
3) Add hot water
4) Add sugar if required

I always drink this when I'm ill and it works for me :)

Hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

I had a really bad cold and sore throat a few weeks ago too and I did what andrea did. The lemon and honey drink really helped sooth my throat. I didn't want to take paracetamol either, but i took two doses when my throat was getting too sore to swallow. Two doses was enough. It sorted itself out after that.

Hope you are feeling better soon! :hug:

I am also suffering with this throat/cold thing.

I have been drinking hot lemon (don't like honey), taking throat sweets and have had to have paracetemol because I have had ear ache and the pain has been awful.

Basically I think that's all we can do :roll:

Hope everyone is feeling better for christmas.

Poor you :hug:

Hope you feel better in time for CHRISTMAS!!! Are you still at work? When do you finish? xxx

If you are running a temperature, I know we are not supposed to have alcohol whilst we are pregnant but I figure this is less harmful than stuffing myself full of chemicals. Heat a mug of hot milk (or lemonade) , add a teaspoon of sugar and add a small measure of whisky. It will make you sleep, you'll sweat like a horse and wake up feeling a million times better. I swear by it every time!!>

I take paracetomal, it's not contra-indicated in pregnancy, hell it's available in baby/child form in calpol! I've also come down with the cough from hell and was at the docs this am (after 4 nights with disturbed sleep and the local chemist telling me to go). She told me to take paracetomal to reduce the swelling that's making me cough (after checking it wasn't an infection).

The other thing I figure is that bubs may be under the weather or effected by the virus too - as paracetomal is safe then it can perhaps give the pair of us relief.

I'm going to try the honey and lemon drink too though!

Thanks ladies im feeling a bit better today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back