Im horrified

dayna_247

Reaction score
Im 19 and just found out a week ago that I am 20 weeks pregnant. There is something that is really bothering me. I've been reading alot about drinking during pregnancy and I am very concerned that I have hurt my baby.Everything that I have read is not giving me the answers that I want. I want to know what the chances are that I have harmed my child.
Can somebody help Please!

I wouldn't personally like to say the chances are you harming your baby. It will all depend on how much you have had to drink and things like that. If you are 20 weeks you should have a scan or you may have had one already. This will tell you of any abnomalities in the baby.

I do not mean this to be rude in any way at all. But how did you make it 19 weeks without knowing? I am 19 weeks right now and showing like you wouldn't believe. Just wondering. And like she said, it depends on how much you drank if you harmed your baby or not.

i cant speak from experience as i never drink, but a friend of mine has just given birth to a healthy little boy. She drank very heavily, im talking bottles of vodka evry night. She knew the risks but was unable to stop, due to alcholism. i am in no way justifing what she did but merely explaining that her son is a very healthy little boy and is now being cared for by his gran. Im sure your baby will be fine!!!

I'm curious how you didn't know you were pregnant until 20 weeks! I started showing slightly at 12-15 weeks and feeling flutters at 17 weeks.

I don't think any of us can tell you if you've harmed your baby because that varies from person to person. Some people may luck out and deliver a healthy child, but some don't. The best thing you can do now is stop drinking.

Good Luck!

dpending how much you've been drinking. Bur since ure 5 months, you shouldnt drink at all, coz theres a high risk that even a tiny bit of alcohol you're child can end up with FAS (feotal alcohol syndrome) i did a assignment of in in year 12 for early childhood practices. so i f you want to know anything, you can email me and i can give you all the info that ive got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back