Im having a............

Ally

Reaction score
...............want to know???? So did we! lol :lol:

Had our 20 week scan on Tuesday and it was amazing, everything was exactly as it should be and the sonographer explained everything really well as she had a student with her and we saw her last time and she was lovely then too!

When she had done all the health checks we asked if she could see the sex and she chuckled and said 'no chance'. Our modest baby was sitting on my bladder with its legs firmly crossed. She commented on how comfortable it looked and how we couldn't move it in that position, she said its funny because when people don't want to know the baby displays its bits to the world and when they do, they cross their legs! :? feels kinda nice though to wait and see as the choice has been taken away from us so we can't do much about it, I found it quite funny!

Main thing was that baby was healthy, we don't mind what we have, just want to be able to say he or she and buy some stuff with some more colour in it - but the shopping can wait :wink:

The scan is amazing isnt Ally. I was blown away, mad to see inside the chambers of the heart and see the urine in the babies bladder.
so glad all was well, shame you dont know the sex, but at least everything is perfect.
Really happy for you.

Hi Ally,

Glad your scan went well. I can't wait for my next one, I was going to ask what they actually look for and how long everyones is in there for. Looking back on on 12 week scan we were in there for about 10 mins and it all seemed a bit rushed so i'm hoping the next one will be longer. How detailed is that scan?

Thanks.

Nicki.x :D

Hi Ally, glad everything is well and your baby is doing fine. Shame you didn't find out the sex but at least you'll get a nice surprise on the big day xxx

Hi Ally

I didnt want to know, and my baby kept hidden too! which in my case was good news, but sorry you didnt get to find out!! you have either a shy baby or a stubborn one!!!

Good luck

Natalie x

I know but have spent the past few weeks in a panic that they've got it wrong because everyone knows someone who was told the wrong sex! :roll:
It didn't help that the baby's baseline heartrate was 130-140 which would indicate a boy!

Maybe it would've been better if I hadn't found out. Will have to wait and see!

Congratulations on your healthy little one though! :D

Hello everyone, thanks for your comments, it was amazing and I keep looking at the pics as I can't quite believe that baby is in there!

nicky, my 20 week scan was very detailed, they are looking for abnormalities (a little negative, but thats just the way it is I guess) and just making sure everything is progressing well. She explained that they look closely at the spine, for spina biffida at lots of different angles, the face, for a cleft pallet, they measure the fima bone (not sure on correct spelling but the big leg bone at the top), because if it is small it can indicate something like downs, they look at the brain to make sure it has the major parts working, the heart to see the 4 chambers working and the kidneys and stomach, which should be dark, like a hole as this shows they have fluid in them and no blockages so baby is drinking and processing teh fluid in its kidneys. They also measure body and head to check it is the correct size. Tok about 15-20 minutes and if you get a nice sonographer they will talk you through it and explain everything. I have heard of ones that insist you don't ask questions so they can concentrate.

Hello everyone, thanks for your comments, it was amazing and I keep looking at the pics as I can't quite believe that baby is in there!

nicky, my 20 week scan was very detailed, they are looking for abnormalities (a little negative, but thats just the way it is I guess) and just making sure everything is progressing well. She explained that they look closely at the spine, for spina biffida at lots of different angles, the face, for a cleft pallet, they measure the fima bone (not sure on correct spelling but the big leg bone at the top), because if it is small it can indicate something like downs, they look at the brain to make sure it has the major parts working, the heart to see the 4 chambers working and the kidneys and stomach, which should be dark, like a hole as this shows they have fluid in them and no blockages so baby is drinking and processing teh fluid in its kidneys. They also measure body and head to check it is the correct size. Tok about 15-20 minutes and if you get a nice sonographer they will talk you through it and explain everything. I have heard of ones that insist you don't ask questions so they can concentrate.

Hiya Ally

Glad your scan went well and baby is doing great. :p

In the long run you may be glad you couldn't find out the sex of baby - The surprise element adds that extra bit of excitement! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a happy and healthy pregnancy - Whether it be a pink or blue bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back