Im fuming over step mum with baby names

Wilson28

Reaction score
Morning girls i havent slept very well i have an issue...

Last night we got together with my dad n step mum n got onto baby names and i said ive defo picked a girls name but cant find a boys..so my step mum said what girls name have you chosen i said Iris Evelyn Lennox
Evelyn is my beloved nannan i lost a year ago and i wanted to carry it on!

So when i said the name she screwed her face up and said iris...and i said yes we picked it before i was pregnant, then sharpely she said well thats what amber has chosen her daughter ( who is 12wks pregnant) if she has a girl. Iris Evelyn....she said have you got it off her!!

I said WHAT??? of course not we have liked this for 6 months..and evelyn was MY NANNAN!!

Laying in bed when i got home the penny dropped a few weeks ago when i was 9-11wks preg they came for tea and i remember mentioning i love the name iris evelyn...so the crafty fucker has tuck that away and suggested the name to her daughter!

Im fuming that she would do that!! That is my nannan who means the world to me and i still cry now shes not here

Ah sweetie ignore her x what a cow. There is no way amber just happened to like the exact same name as you without hearing it from someone first. It is quite an unusual name. X I would be fuming too x

If your baby is due first, stick with it. That way the other girl will look like a right twat if she was to name her baby the same thing!!

Yeah if your babies first definetly stick with the name, she'd look silly for copying lol. Plus everyone knows it's your nans names, so it makes sense for you to name your daughter after her X

Are you due first, if so call her the name you have chosen. I doubt she will name hers the same after your. I'd also call her and say a few words x

I'd definitely use the name regardless - I really feel for you some people are total twats

How awful!!! I hate it when people say 'you can't have that name, that's my name'
I'd keep it and sod her.

I'm not really a believer in being able to put 'tabs' on names but the bottom line is your baby is due first so you get to choose first! If she has a problem it's her problem and if her daughter still wants to use the name she can do! I agree it's not a common name so it's a bit suspect that her daughter has chosen the exact same if she hasn't heard it from someone else. Don't let her get to you, you can name your baby whatever you want. I like Iris by the way and it was on my list when pregnant :) xx

Thanks girls, still feeling shitty, my step mum is no longer talking to me after her daughter wasnt happy at her mum for telling people her babies chosen names, her mum has blamed it all on me, but my reply was well you knew we had chosen that name to honour my nannan and you didnt say anything or air it towards your daughter to say that we have mentioned we liked it! So do not blame me!

Xx

I wouldn't care of she wasn't talking to me, sounds like it might do you a favour less grief. My nan is called iris and my husbands cousin baby is called iris it's cute. As we have all said she probably won't call her baby that if you name yours that. Not many people will chose the same name as someone else in the family or friends. Try not to stress your self it's not worth it. If she starts just tell her your not interested in her shit and you don't actually care. Your baby is first so I don't matter. Plus she don't even know if she is having a girl.

Thanks girls, still feeling shitty, my step mum is no longer talking to me after her daughter wasnt happy at her mum for telling people her babies chosen names, her mum has blamed it all on me, but my reply was well you knew we had chosen that name to honour my nannan and you didnt say anything or air it towards your daughter to say that we have mentioned we liked it! So do not blame me!

Xx

She sounds like a cow bag, what's your dad said?

Hes kept quiet for a quiet life and this is what upsets me i feel i have no dad anymore...they love in bridlington and im in sheffield and he does everythiing she wants for a quiet life xx

Your b any will be here before hers so screw her! Anyway she might not even have a girl

What a horrid women, if you like the name go with it. She can't stop you. Some people just love to cause a fuss. My sis and my sister in law where the same
If one was pregnant the other would get pregnant ASAP and they where always fighting over names , to the point they wouldn't tell anyone their names until 38+weeks !!

The name is beautiful , don't you feel bad for that horrid women , if you chose it in all honesty etc then don't change it .

She may even change her mind ! My son was Ethan the whole way to 40 weeks , I had him at 41 weeks and he just looked like a Christopher :) so that's what I called him.

Don't go getting yourself upset about it all, it's not good for you and baby iris , don't give her the satisfaction of spoiling your pregnancy .

In fact if your 100% sure it's a girl just start referring to your bump as little iris that way they will have to get used to the fact your going to use the name :) . That's what j would do hahahahaha

Name your baby whatever you like. It is no one's business but yours.

Me and the OH refuse to reveal any of our potential name choices. Everyone will find out the name of this baby when he gets here (including me and OH... we are going to have 2/3 that we are both happy with and choose one when we see him).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back