I'm back!....

No baby yet.......

I have stopped contracting at 1-2cm dilated.....my contractions stopped being so regular at about 5am Sunday (started properly at 4pm Saturday) and they finally took me off the bloody minitor after 6.5 hours - I hate being strapped to that thing. I wanted to move about and get comfortable but they were adament I had to stay on the bed. They gave me pethadine too (which I'm not keen on but at the time I didn't care) and that's why they left the monitor on so long to check on baby didn't become sleepy - but then they left it on even later in the end because I was still having contractions every 3-5 minutes.
Pethadine made me feel very sick and woozy (even though they halfed the dose for me because I'm tiny!)
Contractions slowed right down and was let up to the Maternity Ward to be watched over. Lost some blood yesterday but nothing to worry over as they said it was just from my cervix where it was dilating a bit.
Been allowed home to let things happen naturally. Baby is fine to come now they said as I've already had steroids - looks like I might get an early Xmas present after all!!!
Mind still all a bit 'wobbly' and I'm shattered so probably haven't explained this very well! Hope you're all okie.
Thanks again for all your messages. xxx

Sorry my OH didn't post by the way, he was so tiered that he didn't have time to post plus he's been so busy with work too when he wasn't in with me. Sorry guys...... :(

Sami I am so pleased you are okay. I like the rest of us have been worried sick.

Get some rest. Big hugs xxxx

So pleased to see you back an posting. I have been checking back regularly to see how you've been getting on.

Keep your feet up hun.

Take care.

Thank god you're all ok!!!

It's been hectic on here with people worrying!!

See the impact you have! Lol :lol: :lol:

Hope it goes ok for you from now on hun

Take care xxx

it's good to know that everything is okay sami. you both must be shattered.

glad all is well and baby is fine.

take care hun

x

Thanks girls. The doctors don't think it will be much longer now. Definately before the end of the year they reckon as I'm 2cm dilated already.
Quite ready for it now though. Not scared at all of him coming early as he is 34 weeks now and would do fab.
So tired though!! Slow labour is hard work (although I'm sure normal labour is too!) - I couldnt rest in between contractions either I was too restless. Everytime I started to nod off I woke up again as I tightened. Even with the pethadine I still felt it :( havent really slept properly since.
Have made sure OH knows for them not to give me it again - did not get on with it at all.

Sami,

Did you get alot of braxton hicks before the pains started? or did you get pain but without the tightenings?

Sami, so glad you are ok - was getting very worried!! Baby will do just fine at 34 weeks - just dont put him under the tree :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy's mum said:
Sami,

Did you get alot of braxton hicks before the pains started? or did you get pain but without the tightenings?

I have on/off tightenings ( I thought were braxton hicks) then they became more regular, and got to about 6-8minutes apart then the pain started kicking in. Before that they were just crampy period pains. By 9pm they were starting to take my breathe away and I rang the hospital again at 9:30pm and went in. I couldn't feel all the contractions in my tummy though when I got a pain though. I had pain lower tummy, lower back and tops of my thighs.

Ok, Thanks

I have just been a bit bothered today, i have a water infection but i have had really bad back ache, stomach pains and braxton hicks but not together, baby is really pushing down and my belly is really low.

I have had the water infection for 2 weeks now and i had stomach ache with it but not as bad as this, it is in no pattern though.
I'm just paranoid i think, i have had 2 lots of pain killers and it is still there. I hope this water infection will be gone by now anyway!

So glad you're ok Sami.. not long to wait now! :)

If baby is pushing down it's probably not helping at all. Hope it all clears up soon mate and if things get worse, it wont hurt to call m/w or doc if you get worried.

x

no i know that i just wanted to double check first.

I'll just keep an eye on it.

Thanks Again and i hope everything is ok for you from ow on.

Good to have you back Sami!!

You can see how worried everyone was. Glad you and your little one are okay.

Thanks guys - think I'll have a new arrival announcement before long though!
Just hope I have time to change the gross covers Mark's nan bought us for the baby :shock: Pale green and lemon (and not a nice shade of it either!). We did tell her 'cream or white sheets for a crib' but she got green adn yellow for a pram. lol - bless her! :roll:

good to see you back sami!!! :D glad you're ok, we were all worried about you! hopefully bubs will hang on in there a little longer for you though - maybe a nice surprise for xmas?? :D

Sami

Just so glad you are ok. Lots of people been worried. Got your mobile number now and its going in my phone again now !!!!

You take care

Not long to wait now !!!

Woooooooooo !!!

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sami.....good to hear your OK.
Christmas will be extra special for you hey?!
Take it easy and GOOD LUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back