Im a beauty therapist in need of advice

Reaction score
Hi everyone.im a beauty therapist and i do quite a few tans in a night plus i massage with oils im part time and work on saturdays and sundays and thursdays,can i get some advice,i have a rough idea,but some advice would be nice to hear..
i had a miscarriage quite early on i was 4 weeks,about a few months ago..i am pregnant again,and we are very happy ..I just wanna take it easy and do everything right.I am wondering should i be wearing a mask when spray tanning,and do i need to wear gloves when doing massage.

I also use acetone,to soak off peoples gel nail varnish so should i be carefull.i have started wearing gloves when touching acetone..
I am so happy to be in this forum with you all.giving advice tips etc.
I see midwife tuesday so she might tell me some things like dos and donts

Hi!
I'm not trained in spray tans so can't help you there but do everything else.
It's fine to massage without gloves but only use a carrier oil, don't use any aromatherapy oils throughout your pregnancy.
Also using products to remove gel nails are fine, just make sure your work area is well ventilated.
Your work should carry out a risk assessment for you so you can work safely through pregnancy x.

Spray tan wont do you much harm but I would wear a mask to be on the safe side. You should use gloves with acetone and prob a mask if you do a lot of acrylic. YOu shouldnt massage using aromatherapy oils at all, ask your salon for a risk assesment as they should put you on different treatments, for example I havent been able to do pedicures for a while coz of bump so you might find the same!!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back