ill :(

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by tillzy69, Dec 9, 2011.

1. tillzy69

tillzy69 Well-Known Member

Feel really rough today :(. I started getting a sore throat and bad cough Monday night. Yesterday and today its come full on! Running nose, sneezing, coughing etc. Couldn't sleep last night coz of all the coughing and nausea! Is there anything we can take? I'm not big on medication anyway but the coughing is driving me mad!

2. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

Oranges for vitamin c hunny. Try sleeping propped up with pillows to help with the coughing and take the weight off your chest. Drink plenty of water which will help the nausea. If you have a temperature you can take paracetomol but if you don't personally I wouldn't bother as it won't help much with the other symptoms

Hope you feel better soon :hug: xxxxxxxx

3. tillzy69

tillzy69 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice! Although I can't eat oranges, juicy fruit makes me sick :(

4. sammi7

sammi7 Well-Known Member

I had this a few weeks ago, I just took some soothers for my sore throat, some paracetamol and had lots of rest. Hope you feel better soon xx

5. pregpixie76

pregpixie76 Well-Known Member

good old fashioned honey ( pasteurized) and lemon or gargle with salt water although if your temp is up id also take paracetamol