Ill at both ends :( - UPDATED WITH CAUSE

debecca

Reaction score
Well,

As the subject line says really. We went to friends' last night for a Chinese and I seemed to be up most of the night getting rid of it. On the plus side because I was in such a mess, my lovely husband cleared it all up, bless him, and he had to get up at 0530 to get a train to London for work.

I'm so lucky to have him. Feel grotty today though :puke: :sleep:

UPDATE: Apparently I have "bacillus cereus" otherwise known as the "fried rice disease" - it's when the Chinese don't treat the rice properly and reheat it and stuff. Anyway the good news is it's only a 48 hour bug so I can go back to school tomorrow. At least, I THINK that's good news :rotfl:

aww hun! poor you, hugs for both ends :hug: lol

stay in bed and look after yourself! hope you feel better soon

x

aww bless your bloke sounds like an angel :)
try and rest today drink plenty of water and eat dry toast hun
hope you feel better soon
manda xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I know your my pregnancy twin but i really dont want what you have got :rotfl:

Hope you feel better soon and it goes quickly.

Thank you everyone for being so nice. I'm disinfecting and washing everything today but I think the washing machine has just broken. It's been on rinse for an hour and a half :rotfl:

sorry hun but i have to laugh at the "fried rice desice" thats just so funny
but hope you dont suffer for too long
manda xx

Tut, tut! Bloody Chinese take aways! That's terrible!!! I'd complain! :evil:

Ive heard of this before, I used to get warned about eating rice for breakfast on the morning after :D but fortunately never got it

xx

Debbie, you sound like my husband! He wants to ring environmental health!! My doctor asked me for the name of the takeaway... but it wasn't for any "reporting" reason he just wants to avoid it himself :rotfl:

It's not one we normally go to. It didn't even taste very nice :puke:

OMG! I would report them to environmental health. That's well and truly put me off chinese now :lol:

Was anyone else ill? Or did you all eat something different?

If others were ill it may well be a good thing to report it. If its just you, its maybe something you don't want to pursue.

Glad to hear you are feeling better today though.

Rice always needs to be rehated till its piping hot as its a very common cause of food poisoning otherwise :?

Tillytots said:
Ive heard of this before, I used to get warned about eating rice for breakfast on the morning after :D but fortunately never got it

Fine if its cold, but its if its not reheated till its piping hot can cause problems. A lot of people don't realise how dodgy rice is if not reheated thorughly. Can make you really ill :puke: I speak from experience :roll:

Well, my husband and Alastair had egg fried rice and they both had a minor version of the runs.

I had chicken fried rice and had all out both-ends yuckness.

Abi had seaweed with hers and was absolutely fine.

Anyway environmental health just rang and want to know name of takeaway etc - they're off to investigate H&S...

Sherlock said:
Tillytots said:

Fine if its cold, but its if its not reheated till its piping hot can cause problems. A lot of people don't realise how dodgy rice is if not reheated thorughly. Can make you really ill :puke: I speak from experience :roll:

I used to have it both but I heated it 'til it was exploding around the microwave so I think it was pretty safe. Who woulda thought rice could be so lethal :shakehead:

I never knew that about rice. Think I'll be avoiding it from the chinese takeaway during the rest of my pregnancy, will get noodles or chips instead :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back