IKEA cots

Maud

Reaction score
We are starting to think about buying a cot for our LO. (She won't be sleeping in it for months, but we want to get our eldest used to it in 'her' room). We've found one we like from IKEA (the Gonatt cot) but a trip to IKEA is a bit of a mission so we would be buying unseen and they don't seem to have customer reviews on their website. It's double the price of a standard cot and more than we paid for our first's cot bed, so a bit nervous of splashing out on it.

Has anyone got an IKEA cot/the Gonatt cot who could give feedback on quality?

Last edited:
We have this one with white drawers. I got it as a replacement for another set we weren't happy with. We aren't using it yet at night time but it has been built and seems very solid :). Its the same price as the one you are looking at I think.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S79928450/

I would check for you as I have a local store but I don't think I'll be in for a little while as we are going away. I'd suspect they are of similar build quality but I don't remember seeing that one in store so I cant really say.

Last edited:
Thanks Mel. We liked that one too and they look very similar in build so that's very reassuring. I love that they can still be used as a toddler bed despite being cot sized (can't fit another cotbed in the room) so very tempted

Extra question: Did you use your previous mattress or do you have to use an IKEA mattress?

Basically this will be his first cot then cot bed later. So haven't tried it yet but we had a massive prolonged issue with a company we bought nursery furniture from (via tesco) and eventually got a refund, but we kept the mattress from that which seems nice as far as mattresses go. I used tesco I think the boost was on clubcard points, and a £100 off over £400 spend from what I remember.

You should be able to pick whatever you like, just check the measurements :)

Last edited:
Great, thanks. Not sure if we'd want to get the cot sized version of our first's mattress or just get one from IKEA but good to know we have that option

We bought 2 cots the same from ikea one for our house and one for my mums, they were great did the job not overly expensive we did go for the more expensive mattress but I think the mattress is the most important part

I love this cot! My hubby is the biggest anti ikea person ever.. unless it's candles or bloody cutlery :lol: (he thinks he's a furniture snob) but we seen this cot when we were in last weekend and he was very impressed with it. It's a neat little size but sturdy and looks really good! Someone on my Instagram has it and it looks amazing in the room, I didn't for a second think it was ikea until I seen it in the shop. I also agree with mummy above, getting a good mattress is the most important part. The rest of the cot is mainly for look which this cot has! Definitely thumbs up from me :) xx

Thanks ladies

Yes we bought a fancy mattress for our first so don't want to skimp with our second.

Thanks ladies

Yes we bought a fancy mattress for our first so don't want to skimp with our second.

I have a cot from IKEA although not the same one you're looking at, mine is the £50 one. My daughter has been in it for 7 months now and it's great - really sturdy and well made. We've also put it up 3 times now as its been moved house to house and it's holding up better than most flat packed furniture would and especially for such little money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back