ignorant question :)

Lgibson2370

Reaction score
So i am from the usa and when i read some of your posts i am so confused. What do stones equal to in LBs. I mean i am trying to imagine howmuch weight each person is gaining and it is sooo confusing. Also, I absultly love the way your dialect is. Some of the things you say to each other is sooo adorable, I can imagine that you have accents. I always wanted an accent. I never really ventured out of the USA when it came to understanding other cultures and countries but imust say that you guys have the best personalities and are so freindly. thanks for hanging with me through my preg.
The way things are done over here in my state when you have govement insurance you only get a scan when they think you are 20-22 weeks. I had my scan the other day and They are pretty positive it is a girl. YEAHHHHH that is what i wanted. Havn;t seen other half in over a week because he is in a pms mood, so i sent him to a freinds. So he sees me yesterday to go get pictures taken together and he is like wow you are huge. That is great. He says no i mean you look so sexy . Whatever. we took these great belly pictures and Myabe it is just me cause i was kinda big to beggin with but i didin't like them. He loved them. I just thought i looked fat not pregog. I think it is because with my first one i was smaller so eveything was more perportioned. Okay enough rambling. Talk to you later.
Love
Leslie and Baby

A stone is 14 pounds :D

i have put on 1st 5 so far, which is 19 pounds at 29 weeks, I am pretty cool with it

http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_common.htm

That link should help with conversion - everything here in either pounds or grams and I dont even know which is the old or the new way of doing it for England!! There are 14lbs in a stone though. And 1lb is roughly 450grams.

To us I guess you have and accent with you being American and all. Us brits have sooo many different accents though. Mine is pretty bog standard english, no accent really - I'm from the south east/east anglia area (sort of) and we dont have a strong accent really. Us Milton 'Keynes'ers don't anyway!! :lol:

I bet we all say loads of daft stuff on here that you wonder what the heck we are chatting about eh?! Think a lot of love our slang :)

I just think it is cute some of the stuff that gets said on here. i have to think about a bit of it then comeback to it to understand it somtimes. I deffinatly don't mean anything bad by it. I am starting to get interested in other cultures because of my other half being Mexican. We are trying to go to Cozumel for christmas. I am torn thought because my son won't be going with us and i do not know if i want ot go or not. any suggestions.

1kg is 2lb 4oz I think.

That might help? :?

I live in the UK but my midwife will only weigh me in kg's. Apparantly they're not supposed to use the old pounds and ounces anymore. All stupid so I have to convert it myself when I get home!!

So I have put on 11kg so far which I think is about 26lb. (2lb short of 2stone)

Even more confused now?!!!!!!! :?

LOL xxx

I was weighed at booking and weighed 56kg or 8st 10lb ish (had lost half a stone from HG by then).
Not been weighed by midwife since but on home scales I weigh 9st 12lb - which is about 62.5kg - so I've gained 6.5kg by their books.

11kg by the conversion website is 24.25 lbs - so not as much as you thought BubbleOne

AWWWWW bless how cute hehe, she likes our lingo girls:)! Im your typical brummie lass, I dont say ''beeerminum''for birmingham, nor do i say birming-ham.. dont tend to pronounce the g, its an inbetweenie.
I love American accents!
I remember when I went to florida, some woman said '' Im going to put my glasses in my fanny bag''- I was gob smacked haha! fanny bag= bum bag apparently.... but I found it hilarious.
incase you didnt know Lgibson2370, fanny means ''vagina'' over here lol! *wipes away tear* ahh funny.

Thanks Sami :D

You just made my day!! :lol:

I too was weighed at my booking in appointment and then not again until my 36 week check. Midwife said she needed to weigh me in case I went into labour between then and my next appointment (Wed) because hospital would need to know my weight in order to administer the correct amount of pain relief. :D

just to confuse you a little bit more :)

I am French, and I understand only kilos!!!! :oops: I know it's bad, I 've been in the Uk for 6 year and stilkl don't manage stones!!!
I just about get pounds when I want to buy fruits and veg!!! :lol:

So, I was 56kg at the beginning, and am now 63/64 kg at 26 weeks....
did not put much weight on for a long time, but that seems to have changed recently! need to cut on the sweets, I guess! :?

happy conversion :wink:

mel xx

OMG that fanny bag thing is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly wet myself! I would have stood with my mouth open if someone had said that to me............ :D :lol:

That just made my day! :D

and in France, Fanny is a name for a girl!!!!!!!!!!!
and I used it in one exercise I gave one of my classes 5 years ago!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did not know the meaning here in UK, and lost control of my class totally that day!!!!!!!!!
:D
Well, They taught me something that lesson, and I will remember it all m
my life!!!!!!!!! :oops:
for sure won't use this name ever again!

mel xx

haha kellysomer, im glad you found it funny lol! it was really hilarious, me and my mom were creasin lol! we were on a glass bottom boat at the time, looking at all the old boots, and baked bean cans on the ocean floor lol! They use the name fanny here too melhoney, but its usually used on older women.. its funny stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back