If you had epidural...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Hiya,

Did anyone still have some numbness after having epi?? If so did it eventually go or no problems?

I had an epi last thurs at the birth and c sect and now my right leg and bum are numb :rotfl: bit better then before but i hope it goes?!!!

I had numbness in my upper left thigh for about a week after my epi. I tried not to favour it, and carry on as normally as possible, but if it continues make sure your GP/midwife is aware, as I was told I may need physio.

Congratulations Sharne, I didnt know you have had your LO.

I had an epi and emergency section but luckily I didnt experience any problems after. Im really surprised I didnt after the farce I had trying to get it in, 2 failled attempts one hitting an artery and 3rd time lucky it went in.

I remember having numbness for a while in my bum, more on the left buttock, I kinda put that down to being on my bum all day while I was in hospital, actually thinking about it it could've been the epidural though I had spinal block too as ended up with section. I think it lasted till a day after I went home which was 3 days. If it's getting better I guess that's ok? :hug:

I was prepped for a c-section so you would have had the same dosage as I did. I didn't have any numbness at all afterwards. I had Aimee at 11.15pm and by 6am the next morning it had wore off and nothing afterwards. :think:

I had a planned c section and didn't have any numbness from what I can remember but now I do suffer with terrible back pain and it's in the area they injected me so I'm convinced they hit a nerve!

My right thigh was numb for about 3months after Isaac was born, I had an epi and a spinal block, I didn't have a c-section though, but the consultant said sometimes feeling never comes back, which was real reassuring, but they also don't say its necessarily the epi that does it, but I believe it is, I really hope your feeling returns real soon, just take it easy :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had numbness in my right thigh after having Aaron by c section, it lasted for quite a while!

Hey, congrats on your little one :)

I had slight numbness in my butt for a few days after the epi but it cleared up within a few days. Hope yours goes away soon.

Hmmm i think its clearing up as beforeit was the whole right thigh now its patchy, it feels so weird!!

x

Thanks for the info ladies!!

x

I did not have any numbness but have suffered backache evr since I had my son over 6year ago.

Hope it goes soon Sharne.

grrr that "patch" on my thigh is still there, and the back of my butt where my tailbone is is still numb, i dont know what to do its horrible!

grr :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back