If you get electrocuted..... UPDATED AFTER HOSPITAL VISIT

kellysomer

Reaction score
I got an electric shock this morning from a mains plug and it bl**dy hurt!! I was rewiring a lightswitch and the circuit that it was meant to be on was switched off, but seems that some idiot wired it in to the sockets fuse and i got a belt. It was so painful and made my arm dead for ages.

Baby has moved since and seems fine, do you think the baby felt it too? I hope not poor thing, i bet it woke the little blighter up! ooops!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Oh no! You poor thing! I haven't a clue if baby would have felt it, but if he's moving ok I'm sure s/he's fine

Electricity only causes damage when it leaves the body. If you're OK then the chances are that your little one is OK too. More so if you've felt movement.

I would certainly mention it at your next midwife appointment and would consider monitoring the kicks for a few days.

Thanks guys, i have the midwife on thursday morning so i will mention it to her then, i am also having a lot of swelling and am in pain when i walk from the fluid in my feet so i will mention that too( not related to the shock) and see what she says , i'm not normally a moaner but she's gonna get it this time!! :rotfl:

I remember the last few weeks when I was pregnant with James. My feet swelled up so much I couldn't get my shoes on, I had to wear flip flops in december :lol:

awwww hunni what ya like, next time switch off all the electric :lol: when u starting mat leave???? need to go shopping and lunch :hug:

never mind next time...

Next time you should get somebody to do these type of jobs for you! I'm sure bubs will be fine but let that be a lesson lady. No more electrics for you :)

Well i got taken to hospital after phoning the mw, she went barmy at me. Went to the local maternity hospital and had a 30 min trace done and loads of tests, i saw about 10 people who all wanted a look at me as an electrocution was quite an exciting and rare thing to see :rotfl: They said that too!

Apparently electrocution kills 11 out of 15 babies so i was right to be worried. Luckily all is fine and i am home now. The hospital was lovely and so clean and friendly i was amazed.

Bad news is my glucose in my wee was off the chart and i have to go back to get diabetes confirmed saturday, but then if i got it they may induce me early, yay! :pray:

Thank god all was well though i was a nervous wreck when i got there and the stirrups and forceps on the shelf in the room didnt help. I am now even more scared of the labour and it has finally sunk in that i am going to give birth in a few weeks.

:shock: OMG :shock:

thank goodness you're both ok- how scary for you :hug:

This is something I was wondering about whilst filling in round a light switch the other day... I will definately be avoiding such things now I know the risks are so high.

Pleased you're ok, it must have been scary.

Thanks everyone, i'm honestly fine now, the MW's were so good and very sweet, they were very interested in me, one told me she'd never heard of a pregnant electrocution before. They were sending all the students in to see me, i got well and truly pampered. :rotfl:

Wow, this is quite a fascinating story! I am glad both you and your little one are ok!! :hug:

:shock: What an terrifying statistic. Glad you and your LO are ok after the shock, sorry about the (possible) diabetes but I guess that at least is managable and is less rare! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back