If only these moments could last forever

CDx

Reaction score
Tonight my little boy wanted cuddled to sleep, it's a rare occasion from 6 months he's held every bottle and from around 8 months normally he would only go to sleep lying in his cot with his milk.

So he's cuddled in and I'm sitting starting at this perfect little man, my baby boy who will be 1 in 5 days. As his head rests on my arm and his legs wrap round my body I think back to the time at a tiny 5lb 11oz he used to fit snug on 1 forearm, he used to lie there and sleep for hours and now tonight I can't even remember the last time he slept like this. I remember the early days and how I was completely in awe of him and think somehow I made him and tears start to roll down my cheeks. I've been in awe of him every day since he was born, he's cheeky, full of fun and such a happy boy. I could burst with pride every day. I think of all his firsts so far. Examining his face noticing he doesn't quite look like such a baby anymore but a proper little boy. He opens his eyes and giggles, which makes me laugh too and for a few minutes both of us are just stating into each others eyes giggling.

He's drifted back off to sleep now and I just wish I could replay these moments over and over again.

1 very emotional but very proud mummy tonight.

Mummys going through a tough time just think of these precious moments and know it's all worth it.

Cx

Beautiful :) I can lose hours of a day looking at my wee man. He's only 4 months but already he seems so much older than my little newborn.

Ahh lovely!!
I have had a lot of these moments and you really do feel like you will burst with emotion!! Xxxx

Cdx I could have written this two wks ago, Phoebe had a bad night and kept having to go thru to her every couple of hrs, finally at 3am when she cried everytime I put her in cot, I cuddled her on the spare bed an d we both fell asleep too...mightily uncomfortable position and paid for it in neck ache after but like you hadnt experienced this since 4mths old and each time she would whimper or smile or simply just open her mouth to sleep (like her Daddy) would smile fit to burst...those moments also when they do something cute and you want to laugh so much it hurts but you darent lol...then when she woke up and realised where she was she gave me the biggest smile bless her...

Last nite we had our first dropping asleep anywhere baby lol, had t then final bottle at 5.30 (usually 6.30), could tell she was tired but didnt realise just how much put her down on the carpet and she promptly crawled forwards belly flopped and fell asleep lol...had to do a record change and nappy change (dirty one as well) and had her in bed ten mins later where she again fell asleep the minute her head touched her blanket...no wind down time, didnt even do teeth (naughty mummy lol), and ditn do story...hubby and I were a bit surprised and wondered what we we could do with all this extra time lol...we usually have t ourselves between 7 & 8 so to be eating at 6.30 was unusual...I kept thinking she's gonna b up v early tomoz but woke usual time if not a bit later bless her...13hrs sleep...

Ooh Hun, yea exactly that every word. My little boy is 6 months and rarely wants to fall asleep on me now but he did the other night and I just loved it and realised how much I missed it too xxx

I'm such an emotional wreck these days thinking back to this time last year and the final days before he arrived. I don't know how I'll hold it together when everyone sings happy birthday to him at his party on Sunday.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. We finished our last tub of formula tonight as well and I almost cried at that too.

Cx

Know how you feel. We have 6 weeks till Lo is 1. His teeth and belly were hurting him we think tonight and he was sobbing when we tried to put him to bed. Cuddled and rubbed his back in our bed until he fell asleep. Didn't want his dad either, only me.

I thought pregnancy went quickly but it is nothing compared to when they are here. I miss my little baby who was 5lb and in SCBU but I can't wait to see who he grows in to. Feels like 5 minutes ago yet I almost can't remember my life without him. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back