If one more person tells me to supliment...*Rant*

BunnyN

Reaction score
Formula top ups "the type thats almost identical to breast milk", herbal tea, water, baby food (this one when she was 6weeks old) have all been suggested to me. Does no one get the concept of EBFing? Most people are nice about it but some are really pushy and act like I'm starving her because I dont want to suppliment. I do know she is a little under weight but that is from tummy issues that would likely only be made worse by supplimenting. I'm not sure how much difference it would make if she was tubby though people just seem to think BFing is not enough... Argh... Okay, rant over :)

People are obsessed about supplementing for some reason.
BM is high in calories unlike water and tea and easily digestible unlike formula .

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Yep I have had it all, my MIL told me C would never drink anything other than BM because I wouldn't give him water at 4 weeks old??

Stick to what you are happy with Hun, people are so misinformed. C was tiny and HVs always pushed me to give C formula top ups because he was only on the 25th centile but I stuck to my guns.

Wish people would butt out at times xx

Thanks girls. Most of the time it doesnt bother me but it can get to you once in a while. People mean well but don't realise the effort it's taken to EBF. It's not something I'm going to give up without a really good reason!

yes , your child is just a cross on a measurement chart for most of the medical profession mums can listen to they're advice but then do what they feel is right for them 'mums do know best' stand your ground good for you . xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back