IBS

NP83

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone else suffer with IBS?! I’ve had IBS for approx 16 years and have always used Loperamide (Imodium) but now I’m 8 weeks pregnant and been advised not to take it, I’m really struggling! Can anyone suggest anything to help?! TIA

Oh bless you it's horrible. I have ibs too, though with both my pregnancies it's been constipation that's the issue, especially in tri1, so afraid I haven't got tips for if you're the other way.

Only thing I can think is being really careful to only eat 'boring' food that doesn't trigger your ibs (e.g. I know big fatty meals like fish and chips are awful for my ibsd)

Hope you're feeling better soon. I do think the hormonal rollercoaster of Tri 1 is not good for ibs, so hopefully that's the cause and you'll be feeling a bit more yourself in Tri 2

x

I don't have any personal experience with IBS but my ex husband used to have it and like @MrsBunny he had triggers as well. Maybe you could avoid or replace certain foods so you can see what triggers it.
Can't you ask your GP for advice? Maybe the can prescribe probiotics or have a replacement for the loperamide.
Good luck hun! Pregnancy brings up the weirdest and most annoying symptoms!x

Hi,
Does anyone else suffer with IBS?! I’ve had IBS for approx 16 years and have always used Loperamide (Imodium) but now I’m 8 weeks pregnant and been advised not to take it, I’m really struggling! Can anyone suggest anything to help?! TIA
I have IBS. I’ll help if I can. What ways are you struggling hun? Xx

Hi, sorry only just seen this! The cramping, bloating and D+ is really dragging me down. I know onions are my biggest trigger and I’m super careful to avoid them in any form. But even my normal ‘safe’ foods are sometimes enough to trigger it. I followed the Low FodMap diet before I fell pregnant and that really helped, but I’m struggling to find anything I want to eat (due to nausea) and that is also ok symptom wise! It’s affecting my confidence to go anywhere as I’m so worried about an attack whilst I’m out! I know this anxiety is counter productive also
Any suggestions greatly received... xx
I have IBS. I’ll help if I can. What ways are you struggling hun? Xx

Oh dear, my heart breaks for you as I am walking out such a similar path at the moment. I JUST finished posting a thread in the 1st trimester area with my concerns about my IBS-D. I am 35 and have been properly diagnosed with it since I was 16. I had Levbid to take when I had attacks and now I can't do anything. I think as long as we stay hydrated and try to find things to relax the body in general (I downloaded the headspace ap) is about all you can do. Now from what I understand is if your physician feels that your IBS-D could put you and your baby at risk because it is so severe then that would be when meds may be prescribed. If you have any luck with anything PLEASE update and I will do the same. My thoughts are with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back