I wish I could embrace my new shape

umbongo

Reaction score
I've always been fairly slim and I'm finding the weight gain hard to deal with. I know lots on here have put on more than me, I've gained 18 ish lbs and I love my bump. But that doesn't change how I feel.
Tbh I was thinking I was looking ok. Then my friend just posted a load of photos from my baby shower yesterday on Facebook:-(

I look horrendous! Double chin and massive fat arms! I've got her to take them down as I ran upstairs to use computer and untag myself but it won't let me :-/

I now feel ungrateful as my friend was great yesterday and at least she thought to take photos as,I didn't take any at either baby shower. But I got so upset seeing the pictures. I wish I wasn't like this. I really wish I didn't care!! My husband thinks I'm an idiot and doesn't get it at all.

Am I the only one ? I can't stop crying now. Feel fat and stupid.

xxx

Last edited:
you're not the only one! don't worry hun

I am constantly crying about my weight... I have put so much on and don't feel comfortable in anything. I too stopped my mum putting pics on facebook from my shower...a few creeped on and I was not happy!!

It's so shit, I do understand and people keep saying 'but you're pregnant, it's ok'.... doesnt make it any better in my head... I still feel like a big fat whale.... and a sweaty waddling one at that!

I have my OH's Nana's 80th party on Friday and then out for a meal for my Mum's birthday on Sunday. I DO NOT WANT TO GO.... mainly because I am so big and conscious of my body that nothing feels or looks right on me.

I can't wait to exercise and get some of the old me back soon!!

Probably just had a wee ramble on... but its a very sore subject for me... I lost 7stone a few years back and I can feel myself creeping back upto my old weight :( wahhhhhhh

with your gain being under 2 stone I dont doubt it will take long to come off... but for now just moan and cry about it! It's all I've been doing haha xxxx

Thanks Ruth, glad I'm not the only one. Everyone tells me I look so well, which to me sounds like 'you look well fat!'

I really want to exercise again! Thanks to spd barely been able to do anything! Xx

I can totally empathise. I lost 7 stone about 5 years ago and have had a real body image battle throughout this pregnancy. I feel very uncomfortable and self conscious. I am already planning diet and exercise plan as I am so scared of going back to my former weight. I know I shouldn't be feeling like this but it panics me xxx

I feel the same too. I lost loads of weight for my wedding last year and now feel like a big beast. I was a bridesmaid yesterday and I look so fat compared to the other two :( (and short!). My bump is all at the front which is nice BUT my arms are ENORMOUS. And if I'm not careful I have 5 chins. Trying not to get obsessed. Hope it's true what they say about breastfeeding! I can't wait to go running again xx

You're not the only one Hun. I don't actually feel like I've put on much weight (haven't actually weighed myself for a few weeks because the battery on the scales has gone flat and I'm in no rush to replace it!) But so many people have been telling me I'm much bigger this time round than with DS that I have had the odd panic and felt like a bit of a whale at times.

Try it to panic though Hun. 18lbs really isn't that much, by the time you take away the weight of baby and all the fluid etc that doesn't leave a lot to lose! And if you're bf that will help you get back in shape quickly too. I definitely found it helped me lose weight last time even though it also made me starving and I was eating like a horse!

Xxx

aww darlin seriously you lose like a stone straight away just having the baby and you will lose more easily after, your not fat your retaining water and feedign a growing baby and noone thinks you look fat, you look pregnant. you will see in time that its a very short time to put up with it and that its not such a big worry once baby is here either as your too busy to care. i always feel skinnier when pregnant as im so massively overweight beforehand lol.

Awww please don't be too hard on yourself, you'll be back to your former self in no time. There are no photos of my first pregnancy as I just felt so huge and awful and the whole experience really scarred me. This time around I must have put on approx 20kg which Im horrified about but Im trying to embrace it. People tell me I look healthy which translates as fat to me haha!! xxx

I'm so glad it's not just me! Just been away for a girls weekend and on all the pics I look like a fat mess! My thighs and hips have grown massively with cellulite as well as my bump and I'm only 27.5 weeks :( felt like crying when I was tagged on Facebook!

I'm so glad it's not just me! Just been away for a girls weekend and on all the pics I look like a fat mess! My thighs and hips have grown massively with cellulite as well as my bump and I'm only 27.5 weeks :( felt like crying when I was tagged on Facebook!

I hate getting tag notifications on facebook....I actually have a setting so that i have to review things before they go on my timeline! Doesn't stop people putting photos on their own timeline of course.

I think being pregnant is wonderful is so many ways and I feel privileged and blessed but it's also emotionally and physically draining. Especially as it's mostly all beyond our control. Xx

IKWYM! I feel like a turtle turned on their back (to quote someone who is feeling the same at the moment! XXXX) and I try to take the comments with humour that some people without thought deposit. I nearly weigh the same as my OH now (and my OH though not fat is certainly not slender either!). I know I am not fat but bingo wings do not give me confidence. The one thing keeping me going is the thought of SPORT again after wee one is here!

Cant wait to do Mama Baby Yoga, KangaNordic Walking, Kanga Training if the weather is crap...........Thats keeping me going. XXXXXXXX

I can't wait to just get walking again! I miss that!! Will hopefully be off walking a lot with squiggle quite soon! Looks like I'll be ib my own very quickly so I'll need something to do! Hubby's new job got delayed so no chance of any paid leave now :-/

I know how you all feel! I went from a size 16 (12st) to a size 8 (9st) and then got pregnant. I am now up to well over 12st, not even eating that much and I literally feel huge! I have weddings and parties all over the summer and don't even want to leave my house I feel so gross. My feet are fat, my arms are fat and my boobs are saggy and looking at clothes I wore last summer makes me feel sooooooooo depressed!!! We all just need to remember that it's not forever and we'll be so busy with babies when they come that the weight will just fall back off! xx

I have good days and bad days but I do struggle with it. I haven't weighed for a few weeks but I'm guessing I've put on about 16lb-18lb so far.

I was very active before, loved aerobics, body pump etc and I did continue going to the gym until 30 weeks (promised hubby I'd stop at that point!) but my body has changed a lot I think. My husband is so sweet and says I haven't put any weight on apart from bump but I know myself how I've changed. Some days I look in the mirror and think yuk, other days i embrace it and think 'I'm pregnant'!!

Just have to think we can get back to it when baby is here, might take a little longer but it'll be soooo worth it :) xx

Last edited:
I'm sure you see yourself worse than you look! We are our own harshest critics. The vast majority of the weight will be in the bump and it will soon go after you've had the baby and remember it is all worth it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back