I will be a single mom.. by choice!

IratxeMartinez

Reaction score
Is anyone else in the single mom by choice wagon with me??

I feel alone!!

I was. The father of my daughter was never interested x

Sort of.

I wasn't in a relationship with my baby's dad.

Very happy about the pregnancy, I've wanted another baby for a long time now and just wasn't meeting anyone to 'settle down' with.

Ever since I split with my older 2 children's dad I have liked having my own place and doing what I want to really look for someone to be in a serious relationship with.

I always said that if I had [another] baby I'd want to raise it alone, it's easier that way (for me).
However now it's actually happened I'm actually a bit sad that the guy is not interested in his baby. I've messaged him quite a bit and tried to get him involved but the last time he didn't even reply so I haven't bothered chasing him anymore.
I've been single since my 9yr old was 20 months old, so I'm not at all concerned about that (although her dad still sees our 2 regularly) and I know in a lot of ways it's better not having the potential battles with someone else over how to parent and what I can & can't do. But, I do feel a bit sad that my baby isn't going to know their bio dad.

My friend is going to a spermatogenesis clinic. She bi and doesn't see her self settling down anytime soon as her job does not really give her time to go out and meet people. Also if she meets a girl obviously she wouldn't be able to conceive and if she met a guy she needs to get to know him ect and then decide on kids ect... She is 33 this yr so wants to get going. She is booked in to start in December it's very very expensive but for her it works.

I found out i was pregnant a year ago, DD father left me and has only seen her twice, it irritates me that he claims he doesn't want to be a part time dad but yet decides not to have anything to do with her. If i am completely honest i have a fabulous support network and feel that raising her alone means i am able to give her a stable routine and don't have to worry about anyone else trying to input how they believe a child should be raised. Yes there are some days it feels difficult but she wakes up with a smile on her face each morning and i couldn't feel more at ease. I have a very happy smiley 4 month old girl and she is very forward because i talk to her all the time.

Lets face it... who needs men.

I am. The biological father offered marriage, in all fairness to him. But I refused. He knocked me up without my consent (yes, my bad for trusting him and all the wrong actions I've done leading to my pregnancy). He said he loves the child but has only asked about her once or twice in 18 months. After rejecting his marriage proposal, he got another girl impregnated after 2 months.

Not a single mom by title but definitely feel like one! My baby is a month old and my OH isn't really interested in doing anything for her or me. I do everything on my own. He's done the odd nappy change and makes up the odd bottle and he reckons he's done his bit -_-. I'm up all night and all day with her. I've begged for him to look after her for a couple of hours while I get some sleep but no. I asked him to do some of the night shift as he's not at work tomorrow and he's decided to have some beers and fall asleep instead of helping me. He did this Friday night as well, he said he was going to help me but got drunk instead so I sent him in the spare bedroom. I've even asked him to do the dishes before he goes to work or put the hoover round but no. He won't even cook a basic meal, I have to do that too. He just comes home from work and goes to sleep. Im so tired and fed up. I'm doing literally everything :/ I'm not a machine :(

Last edited:
Ash sounds like your having a awful time. The first few months are difficult as iys new and the lack of sleep ect. He sounds like he is being a complete arse hole. Can you not stay with family or tell him to go, show him you mean business. I wouldn't cook his dinner id make my own and not care about him and tell him to do it himself. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back