i will be 8th month pregnant when i will have my Master's in eglish literature exams!

zena

Reaction score
i will be having my M.A English exams in june. By that time I will be 8th month pregnant, in my 31st week. It would require long hours of study, perhaps 7 hours of sleep, long hours of sitting, tension and stress. i have heard that mothers feel very exhausted and sleepy which i already have started experiencing. there are many other things i have heard. i was apprehensive whether or not i would be able to take my exams and whether this tough a routine would be safe for my baby and me. need a sincere advice.

I'm in my 31st week and I struggle to get comfortable for any period of time. I'm tired all the time and my brain feels like mush. I have worked in my job for 7 years and I'm forgetting things I've known for 7 years. As for sleep, 7 hours would be lovely but i can't get comfortable in any position and when I do baby kicks until I move.

I would imagine it will be a real struggle. I know I couldn't do it at this stage.

Sorry to be so negative! xx

I was fine at 31 weeks, i was struggling at work because i was doing heavy lifting and filling delivery all day, which made me very tired. I think you'll be fine doing your exams.

At 31 weeks I think I was just knackered all the time. I haven't struggled to sum up the energy to do any of my college work but getting to lessons was an absolute nightmare what with the walk from my car and around college campus :/

i guess will have to see what my condition would be like then... but trust me i m not positive myself either. My parents and husband keep encouraging me with positivity, but friends are not much optimistic. so the condition varies from mother to mother. But i wouldn't be able to control my sleeping habits. so i assume! yikes!:oooo:

can't sit on a hard chair at college for more than 6 hours at this point. my back gets all crampy....

larlybelle, gemmatron and hunnie... congratulations to you all! wish a comfy pregnancy. hope same's the case with me...:)

I can't sit down for half hour never mind six, i have to get up and walk or sway because my back hurts and i get stiff quickly. As for my brain i loose and forget everything and can't consentrate for long, even trying to do simple games on the DS sends my brain out. But that been said some women are perfectly fine and cope really well, everyone is different and you will just have to see what your like xxx

I take it you are doing a taught Masters - If you start studying now and do it every day straight after lessons and do not let it build up until the end then I think you will be fine - to try and cram it all in at the end would not be easy - I did my PhD last year and I know how hectic the timetables are - saying that I am almost 34 weeks and am still teaching classes, marking coursework and writing a final project report - it is doable and I would not quit if you are already halfway through - sleep is difficult at this stage and so is getting comfy but there are work arounds :)

The first trimester was the most knackering for me, then I was fine from about 13 weeks till about 34 / 35, so you may be fine! Its a totally individual thing!

I completely agree with Jensbump. You can do it! You might be tired, but if you only focus on school and have your hubby do all the housework/cooking, then you will be fine. I am more tired now than normal, but haven't had any trouble with work etc. In my opinion, it will be better for you to finish up school now before the baby is born than after. You will be fine! xx

Hopefully you will be fine but don't beat yourself up if June comes and you aren't up to it. No one can tell you because every pregnancy is so different. I've sailed through mine so far and I have plenty of energy (although I am slowing down a bit now) and I feel really well but I am definately more scatty than normal although more in day to day life at work I seem to be able to focus better than I can at home. Good Luck. (Also a nice big bump might soften up the examiners if you have any vivas).

You'll be fine! Itll be hard work but it's totally doable. I was in my second year of uni when I fell pregnant and completed it. I was around 30 weeks when I finished the second year and yeah, I was tired, but as it's been said, just try not to let things build up. Youll find your uni will probably be more accomodating and so if you need to take a cushion in the exam or just stand up occasionally then theyll probably let you (although probably supervised lol). Good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back