I went into the antenatal day unit today

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I had a real scare with movement today.... TMI possibly post ...

But last night me and Ad had sex for the first time in a good 2 months (I've just been totally off it for a while) and it was bloody good.
However, I didn't feel baby move afterwards, all night, or all morning this morning then it went into the afternoon and I hadn't felt a single movement so I started to worry slightly.

So I rang maternity day unit, and she just told me to come straight in to be monitored just in case. She got me drinking tonnes of freezing cold water and 20 minutes after being on the monitor with a heart beat but no movement of course he woke up and didn't stop wriggling! PHEW!

Not going to lie, that was a scary morning for me I really did start thinking the worst.

So the whole thing turned really positive when the midwife looking after us offered to take us to have a look at the birthing unit they've just built and my gosh it's like a hotel... I'm really excited for labour now because I soooo want to deliver there! She was the loveliest lady who totally put my mind at ease and as the ward was dead took time out to take us to see that suite and it was so reassuring and relaxing being in the hospital.

Just thought I would share my experience!

They say babies move after sex but mine has not moved after sex.

They say babies move after sex but mine has not moved after sex.

Same here, he didn't move at all which freaked me out a bit last night but I thought I would see how it went overnight and in the morning. But he didn't move literally all morning and I went in about 2.15 this afternoon and with some coaxing he moved. And I can feel him moving now. It's so scary!

Iv been in 5 times with reduced movements twice this week so now likely to have an Induction which I'm scared about. This is my first and was hoping I'd have a nice water birth. She keeps turning to the back which is great for labour but it means I can't feel her at all and then I panic. So I'm not even sure if it's reduced movements but to me it is of that makes sense. I can't tell what way round d she is so I freak out. X

Yeah its hard to know when to actually worry, I worried purely because of the length of time I hadn't felt any movement, but yeah if you are low risk and keep going in chances are you won't get your water birth so I don't know what to suggest because of course reduced movement isn't something to ummm and ahhh over is it, I hope you get your water birth... If they find nothing wrong on a trace then I can't imagine why they would induce you unless they are medically worried xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back