I thought sleepless nights were post-natal

Dotty_woman

Reaction score
Tired of spending my nights in the spare room (soon to be bub's room) because of the noise my OH makes whilst sleeping. He always falls asleep before me and then the racket starts. Yes I know I could wear ear plugs but need to hear my karm in the morning so am cautious about sleeping through (I wish). I have mentioned this to OH but yet when I give him a nudge, he gets a monk on. I know I generally have a nap after tea too but I'm still really needing my sleep and this is starting to get me down. I won't have anywhere to go but the sofa when bubs arrives and getting sick of it always being me that has to move. Rant over. :wall:

Don't blame u for the rant! :( i suffer with insomnia although not due to OH so can sort of relate...

Is it just a recent thing?

It seems to have got worse over the last year or so. It's not helped by the fact that I'm waking in the night to go to the loo and then can't get back to sleep because OH is making a racket. It's worse when I can't get to sleep in the first place though. OH has put weight on since we have been together (over 22 years this year) but then so have I and I'm sure that doesn't help. If I bring it up as an issue he says it's not as if I don't make a noise. Fair play but I don't affect his sleep! xxx

Have you thought about asking him to try those strips thats you can get for your nose?

Or quite simply, screaming at him? To be honest it sounds like hes being really inconsiderate. If my OH were keeping me awake, id move to the spare room for maybe two nights at most hoping it was just a one-time thing,, but after that, its him who'd i be asking to move and im fairly certain that hed do it without argument because hes been really understanding. (That and my only constant symptom has been tiredness). Youre pregnant for Gods sake, its knackering when you DO get a night's sleep!

i feel you hun, im still on the sofa most nights tho hubby has actually slept on the pull out bed a couple of times so i could actually sleep in the bed for the whole night.
oh and ive told him if its still going on once baby is born then hes on the pull out bed permanantly as im not taking baby downstairs while i sleep on the sofa and im not leaving her up there alone with him, he sleeps too deeply and has no boobs to feed her with lol

Last edited:
Amen to this!!!!!
This is exactly what me and my boyfriend were like!! He would snore sooooooooo loud and I would nudge him and he would go crazy and we would end up arguing in the middle of the night and I would end up downstairs on the sofa!!!! IM THE PREGNANT ONE!!!! Gahhhh irritates me!!!xxx

I feel sorry for you, I am struggling to sleep at the minute but it is just because I cannot get comfy.

If the OH starts snoring I just have to nudge him and he stops!
Get him told that you have to look after the baby and yourself and that he is being unfair!

So last night it started again. I thought, right, I'm going to say something. Perhaps not the best choice of words for 01:30 but I said "How come it's always me that has to f***ing sleep in the spare room?". This was followed by a response of "So that's what this is all about?" from OH followed by him slamming the door and moving to the spare room. Great. Now that means I get the silent treatment for the next 24 hours but at least got sleep until 06:20. Hope it was worth it but I'd had enough.

As expected, got the silent treatment and no hug before he went to work. Maybe he's realised how uncomfy it is on that sofa bed. Not looking forward to tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back