I think labour started...

Flowerpower87

Reaction score
..then stopped!

I'm 38+6 and last night I got into bed and felt really uncomfortable, everything down there felt kind of like pressure a bit like I needed to wee constantly but I didn't? Then I couldn't get comfortable was up and down for awhile finally got to sleep and woke with really mild stingy cramps across my tummy! It lasted about a minute then stopped, went to look at was pink spotting when I wiped, was up and down all night for toilet and broken sleep but no more cramps just back ache! This morning when I got up and went out for a walk I had 3 more cramps about a minute or 2 long exactly 20 minutes apart.. Then they stopped! Still getting pink when I wipe and uncomfortable when I walk but that's it it's all stopped :-( back on the birthing ball hoping it will get going again!

Oh I used to hate this part, 'ohh could this be it?' It's so tiring, and upsetting when it stops, but unfortunately this is just what happens at the end (well did for me) however this didn't start happening to me until I was 39+4 though so you can't have too long to go (I use to hate people saying that because the last few weeks of pregnancy feel like months!) but have you spoken to your midwife about the pink spotting? Just to make sure that it's ok?

It sounds similar to the start of my labours, especially the 1st when I had pink spotting. It took quite a few hrs for things to get going but the did. Some ladies find it takes a few days of pre-labour before the real thing. Your body is getting ready for sure though. The pink spotting probably means your cervix i dilating and the membranes are separating.

My best advice would be to drink plenty of water and eat regular meals. You could try climbing stairs or going for a walk to get things moving but dont overdue it and try to rest a too. If this is the start later on in labour you might not feel like food or water and you cant rest much so if it turns out to be a long slow labour you want to have as much strenght as possible at the start. If its on and off for a few days its even more reason to try and keep your strength up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back