I think junior had a growth spurt over the weekend

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
After reporting that I had got rid of my symptoms, I actually had a fairly tough weekend.

I was tired all the time, had a headache a lot of it, my appetite was a bit strained and junior was very very twingy every time I stood up, however slowly.

I think I read that this is the point in the development that most of the important stuff grows like the back bone and scull etc, so I think baby was zapping all my energy for itself!

As long as he/she is happy, I don't care how it makes me feel though.

Kepp growing little one!, mummy doesn't mind :D (much!)

I feel all blubbery writing this now, damn those hormones! :wink:

*shakes fist at hormones*

I've had a belly burst too, but I think that is helped by buying some maternity clothes *hmmmm comfy* I feel alot better now i've seen it, at least I know why I'm soo sleepy, body doing a good job! I only feel twinges when I get up too fast or if I'm worried, it tells me to "calm down" But all good hey! I feel over earlier today *Hangs head down in shame* but not twinges or grumbles, it might be used to me boping around!

I seem to have lost weight, though my scales tells me quite plainly that I haven't....I think I've changed shape. I thought that this early in the pregnancy my shape would be just a little bulgy below my bellybutton. I bulge above that, right up to under my ribs! How much of that is my previously incumbent spare tyre, I wonder?

I bought some maternity clothes, though I don't really need them yet. My waist is expending to the point where my jeans are too tight but maternity clothes are too big! I also bought some new bras! My 36C chest has expanded to a 38C! Are these really mine?

AAAARGH confined to fat and frumpy hippy skirts and baggy t-shirts!

And has anyone's feet swelled yet? Mine do if I'm out late.

Okay Sue stop complaining or you'll frighten everyone away!

Sue

Following up to what I said about the growth spurt.

I am still completely exhausted!!!!!!!!! Its probably a great sign, as it probably means that baby is zapping all my energy so that he/she can grow, but its not so good driving to work.

I am hoping that the humidity is contributing to it and that the storm later will clear the air and my head :D

z z z z z z z z z z :?

Hi ladies,

I'm due 27th Jan & so far I'm also suffering from the weird twinges all over the lower region (!), actual weight loss (8lbs so far - ONLY benefit to morning sickness!!) but suddenly swollen waistline, sore, puffy ankles/feet, aching calves, cramp, total exhaustion, inability to stay up or out later than about 10pm, intermittent heartburn, woozy headaches, lower backache, cr@p skin, etc etc etc - who said you 'glow' when you're pregnant??!! They lied!!!!!!!!!

It'll all be worth it soon enough though eh?! That's the thought I cling to every day when one, or several, of the above afflictions is plaguing the life out of me!! I can't wait to get to the 2nd trimester - all my friends & family tell me that I'll look & feel great & have loads of energy - mmmmmmmmm - not banking on it!!

THANK GOD the morning (or all day!) sickness seems to be on it's way out though - I've had it for 5 weeks solid & it was really starting to get to me, but fingers crossed it's been a lot better for the past several days - wahey!!

It's so good to read that nearly everyone else on here is going through a similar experience - makes you relieved that it's not just you & that you're not going mad!! (Especially at some ungodly hour of the night when you're wide awake & convinved that you've got DVT in your calves or something - yep - been there!!)

Has anyone had any weird cravings yet?! I've gone off pretty much everything food/drink wise & sometimes fancy things I haven't had for ages, but so far, nothing out of the ordinary or that I could call a craving - very boring!! I've even gone right off chocolate, which is VERY odd for me - I'm almost hoping it stays that way, cos that'll make the post-baby weight loss a lot easier - chocolate is my MAJOR downfall!!

Happy healthy vibes to you all!
Kath.

At the moment, I crave loop-the-loop ice lollies...really nutritious, eh?

Healthy vibes to you too!

Sue

I can't seem to eat my evening meal.

Its strange. I'm ok cooking it, i feel really hungry, then I sit down to eat it and the whole mission of having a big hot meal just puts me off and I can't eat it.

Yesterday, I had to walk away from my dinner completely and the DH had to throw it in the bin for me.

So I am going to have to extend my little and often eating into the evening as well.

Later last night I had a piece of cold quiche and a sainsburys banana and strawberry smoothie. It was absolutely gorgeous and went down well.

Felt better after that. My appetite is very strange at the moment. I haven't been sick, but getting through a day food-wise still seems to be a big effort for me. I have to eat to combat the nausea but I can't be bothered to eat because I am so tired! Too much effort for my liking, but I mustn't grumble. I feel very blessed. :D

I am due January 18 and I had the same thing with food; I found things like cold quiche, sandwiches and ice pops etc to be the only things that would stay down. At one point I was being so sick that I couldnt go in the kitchen if there was food being cooked.

Passed that stage now and appetite is well and truly back!

Not quite reached the "glowing" stage myself, now battling with severe constipation (sorry!!)

Hope you are all well!

I have discovered that the best fruits to keep you 'regular' are kiwi fruits and melon. Have a fruit salad with that in and it should help.

Baby should love all the nutrients as well.

Typical, I have been eating strawberries, raspberries, bananas, oranges, plums, nectarines, peaches and blueberry's! Everything but the 2 you recommend!

I'm going to the supermarket on my way home for a barrel load of kiwis and melons!!

Jacq x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back