I think I'm in love......

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by DeeLT, Feb 28, 2012.

1. DeeLT

DeeLT Well-Known Member

.......With my cleaner. She started yesterday and is honestly the best thing since sliced bread. My house has never been so clean, Hurrah. I feel a little bad spending money when baby is on its way but the stress of LO, plus cleaning (which I hate) was stressing me out big time.

Yey for the wonderful lady. :)

2. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

I totally understand you - we also have a cleaner since hubby's not much "cleaner" and being pregnant and working just got too much for me. I still do some cleaning, but she takes the "hard part" once a week. Best money I ever spent!!

3. charlie26

charlie26 Well-Known Member

Oh i think i need one of theses, i sware i have been such a lazy cow, im normally a clean freak but i cant be arsed getting off the sofa. Im hoping the nesting instinct will kick in soon :) xxxx

4. winnie89

winnie89 Well-Known Member

Good for you ladies my nesting began a few weeks ago and because of sheer boredom my house is spotless but not everyone can be arsed, sometimes I don't do the washing for example and leave it for a day just so I have got some more to do the next day x x x

5. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

We got a cleaner just over a year ago and it is the BEST thing I spend my money on each month without a doubt. Cleaning was the only thing my OH and I argued about cause we both HATE doing it, and I work 55 hours a week so don't want to waste my weekends doing it!!!
    My only moan is that I have to share my cleaner with my best friend as we both wanted her and she only had one slot, so we get her once a fortnight instead of once a week!!!! lol
    I love her and will not be giving her up even when I'm on mat leave. Would rather miss out on a whole load of other stuff first, like clothes!!!

6. vickib_1984

vickib_1984 Well-Known Member

I don't have a cleaner however I do have a lady who does my ironing and it's fab I drop it off (or hubby does) on a Friday morning and she delivers it for me Friday evening!!! All I have to do is put it away :) I love her!!!!! Lol my cleaning isn't too bad hubby hovers I polish and scrub the bathrooms and he mops I also love him too :) xxx

7. Sleepy sue

Sleepy sue Well-Known Member

How much do u pay ladies, if you don't mind me asking x

8. vickib_1984

vickib_1984 Well-Known Member

I can't help with the cleaning but I pay 15 for a full basket and that's for her to deliver as well xx

9. DeeLT

DeeLT Well-Known Member

I pay my lady £7 per hour and is absolutely worth it. I reasoned that I haven't drunk wine for god knows how many months so that's where i'd spend the money. Glad I'm not the only one here who hates the dreaded cleaning chores - I would have made a rubbish 1950s housewife!!
    :)

10. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

I pay £7.50 an hour. She's worth every penny and I'd pay more!!! lol

11. Sleepy sue

Sleepy sue Well-Known Member

That's very reasonable, think I'll look into this when I go back to work
    Thanks ladies x x