I think I'm 6 weeks pregnant even if my tests are negative...

Gen

Reaction score
All the tests I have done came out negative, but I'm still half convinced I'm pregnant. (I've had what I think is implantation bleeding and I went from 32B to 32E in 10 days). I'm basically waiting on my next period to know if I should book a doctor's appointment. While I'm waiting, I'm not drinking alcool, trying to sleep really well, not taking ibuprofen or Benadryl. However I'd really like to go to the spa... If I really am 6 weeks pregnant, do you think I can go to the spa? It really helps with the stress and the bunched up muscles. I can make sure I don't overdo it in the baths...

Why do you assume your pregnant if the tests are negative may I ask? If you were 6 weeks pregnant, these tests would definitely be positive now. It could be that you've had a long/short cycle and maybe ovulated at a different time and maybe what you thought was implantation bleeding was a period? Personally if all your pregnancy tests are negative I wouldn't be grinding my whole life to a halt x

Why do you assume your pregnant if the tests are negative may I ask? If you were 6 weeks pregnant, these tests would definitely be positive now. It could be that you've had a long/short cycle and maybe ovulated at a different time and maybe what you thought was implantation bleeding was a period? Personally if all your pregnancy tests are negative I wouldn't be grinding my whole life to a halt x

I'm just usually so regular. I haven't been early in years, especially not 8 days early. I'm also 33 and I haven't had any lifestyle changes that might explain the hormonal changes. However it is true that I don't wanna put my life on hold. Not drinking is easy to do. But the spa is a bit harder, I was just wondering exactly how bad it is to go if you are pregnant. It's also good info to know if I do get pregnant later on. Opinions online seem to differ, so I'm wondering if there's a reliable resource out there.

I know I'm probably not. I want to know, do you know a good resource about spas, massages and saunas during early pregnancy?
Any updates yet Gen? I do think that you should have your breasts examined. 4 sizes is quite a lot and considering you have been having negative results, the reason might be hormonal.
I get bigger breasts around ovulation and they "deflate" during AF lol.
Might just be that you are ovulating only now.

Any updates yet Gen? I do think that you should have your breasts examined. 4 sizes is quite a lot and considering you have been having negative results, the reason might be hormonal.
I get bigger breasts around ovulation and they "deflate" during AF lol.
Might just be that you are ovulating only now.
Me too they do get bigger before AF, but just a tiny tiny bit. I'm the only one that ever notices it lol.
I've got no update, it's a total mytery. I did a test again today and it came out negative. I'd be 15 days late today, if I was pregnant it should definitely show up. I didn't want to bother a doctor with nothing but the bra I bought in Monday already feels a tiny bit tighter and it's just getting ridiculous. At least with a doctor's opinion, I'll know what's up. I did end up going to the spa, but I just made sure not to overdo it. Besides I've read that damage occurs when the body gets hotter than 102F for long periods of time. If you do the spa thing properly and drink lots of water, that just doesn't happen.

Me too they do get bigger before AF, but just a tiny tiny bit. I'm the only one that ever notices it lol.
I've got no update, it's a total mytery. I did a test again today and it came out negative. I'd be 15 days late today, if I was pregnant it should definitely show up. I didn't want to bother a doctor with nothing but the bra I bought in Monday already feels a tiny bit tighter and it's just getting ridiculous. At least with a doctor's opinion, I'll know what's up. I did end up going to the spa, but I just made sure not to overdo it. Besides I've read that damage occurs when the body gets hotter than 102F for long periods of time. If you do the spa thing properly and drink lots of water, that just doesn't happen.
This is not true. Exposure to a hot tub / sauna could cause damage.

If you’ve had so many tests I doubt you are pregnant. If you expect your period to arrive it may come. Many women experience water retention / boob changes as AF gets ready to arrive.

I agree with @Sugarpop
Spa and saunas were a big no no during my pregnancy, but as you had negative tests, you were probably safe.x

I agree with @Sugarpop
Spa and saunas were a big no no during my pregnancy, but as you had negative tests, you were probably safe.x
I still wanted to do the research and this is what I found on it: Pregnant women can enjoy hot baths and saunas without risk, says new review The articles I had previously read warning off expecting mothers agains spas and saunas weren't supported by research and I wanted to find something that was. It seems like spas and saunas are unly unsafe if you do it in an unsafe way. (This is the research that the article is based on: Heat stress and fetal risk. Environmental limits for exercise and passive heat stress during pregnancy: a systematic review with best evidence synthesis)

I went into a hot tub & sauna when I had JUST conceived. We are talking two or three days.

However, if your pregnancy is further along it stands to reason that something may happen if your body temperature is raised (this is what hot tubs and sauna’s do). Now it’s fine to say ‘be safe’ but whether you are hydrated or not, your body core temperature is still raised compared to normal.

Core body temperature raised = dangerous.

I still wanted to do the research and this is what I found on it: Pregnant women can enjoy hot baths and saunas without risk, says new review The articles I had previously read warning off expecting mothers agains spas and saunas weren't supported by research and I wanted to find something that was. It seems like spas and saunas are unly unsafe if you do it in an unsafe way. (This is the research that the article is based on: Heat stress and fetal risk. Environmental limits for exercise and passive heat stress during pregnancy: a systematic review with best evidence synthesis)
Even though those articles seem legit, I still wouldn't go to a sauna while pregnant. The article even states a max of 20 minutes! Some saunas, especially ones like turkish steam baths, are a breeding ground for fungus and bacteria.
And you have to stay well hydrated when pregnant since the consequence of dehydration during pregnancy are worse than when not.
Have you tested again by the way?

I agree with all the other ladies - if you did genuinely think you were pregnant you would stay away from the spa, hot tubs etc which makes me believe you are not especially if you haven't had any positive tests to state that you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back